Gooey marshmallows, buttery graham cracker crust, and melty chocolate, all in wonderful chewy vegan s’mores bar that you won’t be able to stop eating!
The Best Vegan S’mores
There are few desserts as loved as S’mores. Something about toasting a marshmallow and sandwiching it between graham crackers and chocolate brings out the inner child of everyone.
The only downside to making s’mores is that they require a campfire (or backyard fire pit). Until now.
Our S’mores Bars recipe has all the melty goodness of your favorite campfire treat, but is portable and you don’t have to make them one or two at a time. You can bake up a whole batch of these delicious bars and enjoy them all year round.
Not to mention, these gooey and easy s’mores bars are vegan, dairy free, eggless, nut free and easily gluten free.
What are s’mores bars?
Everyone has their take on s’mores bars. Some are made with a cookie dough base, others swap out marshmallow fluff in place of marshmallows and some layer it with chocolate squares.
But this version of s’mores bars starts out by making a buttery graham cracker crust then layering with marshmallows and melted chocolate.
For the bars you will need:
- Graham Crackers: This is the tricky part depending on your allergy or restriction. Most vegan grahams aren’t gluten free and vice versa. I actually love using Lotus Cookies which are vegan. But if you need GF and top 8 free, then I’d recommend using Enjoy Life vanilla honey grahams.
- Granulated sugar: Just a little to help pull it all together.
- Unsalted vegan butter: I used Earth Balance, soy free.
- Large marshmallows: Dandies is a delicious vegan option.
- Vegan dark chocolate chips: milk chocolate is also a fabulous choice.
- Optional: Flaky sea salt and extra crushed graham crackers: To top it off with a little extra texture & oomph!
Why this recipe is so great:
- No crazy ingredients – All you need to make these delicious bars are graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar, marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Easy to make – All you have to do is bake the bottom layer then carefully toast the marshmallows in the oven before drizzling with chocolate.
- Better than campfire s’mores – It’s hard to top campfire s’mores, however let me tell you why I say this:
- You don’t have to make a fire or worry about burning your marshmallows.
- It’s the perfect ratio of chocolate to grahams to marshmallows.
- It makes enough to feed a crowd or enjoy as leftovers.
How to make s’mores bars:
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs with a little sprinkle of sugar and melted butter. Evenly and firmly pat the mixture into the bottom of a 9×13″ pan lined with foil. Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes.
- Arrange large marshmallows close together on top of the graham cracker crust and put back in the oven and broil for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate chips then sprinkle with extra graham crumbs and flaked sea salt.
How to store:
Leftovers vegan s’mores bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 4-5 days.
They can also be refrigerated like this but let sit out at room temperature before serving if you’d like them soft and gooey.
More bar recipes to try:
And if you love brownies and bars like these, you might also want to check out my…..
I hope these vegan S’mores Bars as much as we do!!
If you enjoyed this recipe or have any questions, leave a comment down below and giving this recipe a rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ so that others may find this recipe!
As always, if you make something from the blog, be sure to tag @allergylicious on Instagram so I can see your creations. Also, follow along with me on Instagram and Pinterest for more vegan & allergy friendly treats.
Easy, gooey vegan S’mores Bars Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 32 large vegan marshmallows (approx)
- 10 oz vegan chocolate chips (dark of milk)
- Optional: flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray and line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper, leaving excess paper to extend over the ends to work as a handle. Set aside.
- Combine cookie crumbs and sugar in a medium bowl then add butter until its all mixed together. Reserve 2 tablespoons and set aside. With remaining crumbs, add to pan and press down firmly and evenly. Bake 10 minutes or until light golden.
- Remove from oven and place marshmallows on top of the cookie crust, leaving no space in between.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, heating in 30 second intervals and mixing in between until smooth. Drizzle over marshmallows then sprinkle with remaining graham cracker crumbs.
- Place back in oven and bake 10 minutes to allow marshmallows to melt.
- Transfer to cooling rack and sprinkle with salt if using. Place briefly in the freezer (no more than 10 minutes) to help with cutting into squares.
*Make gluten free simply by choosing GF graham crackers or Enjoy Life Foods Vanilla Honey Graham Cookies.