Can I have me some more please?
I wonder if that’s how it got its name? When marshmallows, chocolate & graham crackers are combined, who wouldn’t want s’more? I know I do and now that I’ve added SunButter (my favorite nut-free spread), this Summer treat tastes like a melted allergy-friendly Reese’s cup, I really want s’more! How about you?
This isn’t your typical, campfire (or fire pit) recipe because no big mess is made, no sharp skewers are used and no fire is required. Best of all, this version is free of most of the common food allergens (nut, dairy, egg & gluten) and vegan-friendly as well. The goal was to make a delicious dessert that anyone can DIG INTO and enjoy! With the help of SunButter I was able to turn a yummy dessert into an “knock-your-socks-off-allergy-safe” S’mores Dip.
Here’s what you need to be the star of your next Summer get-together.
Only 4 Ingredients
- Vegan marshmallows (I use Dandies because they are vegan but they do contain soy.)
- Chocolate chips (Enjoy life brand is Top 8 free and are my absolute favorite & always have a bag or 2 on hand.)
- Natural Crunch SunButter (Top 8 Free, natural, delicious with a little bit of crunch. You want the crunch, trust me!)
- Gluten-free graham crackers.
4 Simple Steps
- Layer chocolate chips in your skillet and top with Natural Crunch SunButter.
- Place in oven for a couple of minutes, until melted. Swirl together to incorporate.
- Top with marshmallows and return to oven until lightly toasted and brown on top.
- Serve with your favorite “safe” graham crackers, cookies or even sliced apples for completely gluten-free option.
Can you see the SunButter filling, just waiting to get scooped up and eaten? Everyone will think it’s a melted peanut butter cup with toasted marshmallows on top, but you can surprise them and tell them it is actually nut-free.
Summer just got a little sweeter!
In order to help you make this recipe, we want to give you the chance to win a CASE of SunButter! That’s right, 6 jars, 16oz each in the flavor of your choice. 1 lucky reader will be selected, but you MUST ENTER here to win! This is perfect for anyone who already loves SunButter like my family does OR would love to try it for the first time.
Let’s continue to connect & encourage others with food allergies & restrictions. Follow Xander Friendly Foods on Facebook and Instagram for the newest, allergy-friendly & vegan, Foodspiration then visit me on Twitter to join all the #hashtag fun! Pinterest is another wonderful way to share with others, so be sure to follow me there too & “pin” like crazy!
If you like this recipe & want to see more like this, simply subscribe to Xander Friendly Foods in the top box and you’ll get every new recipe directly to your inbox! Perfect for those of us who hate waiting!
Love Made Edible!
This post is sponsored by SunButter, however, all opinions and recipes are completely my own.1