Satisfy your chocolate cravings and give yourself a little boost with these vegan & allergy-friendly protein bites.
My kids are always asking me to make more protein balls. Every time I make them, they get gobbled up. I could totally complain about how quickly they burn through these little treats, but I really can’t . I mean, there could be worse things they want to eat.
Thankfully, you can whip up a batch or two of them in no time, because no cooking is required. Yesterday, I tried my hand at a different combination and OH MY GOODNESS, these are just so so good. Rich, chocolatey, bursting with espresso and best of all, hidden inside these little gems, is protein. Yay for SunButter & Arbonne Chocolate protein powder!
The most difficult part of “not” baking these bites was simply trying to keep my oldest son’s hands off them long enough for me to get some photos. Do you know how hard it is to keep a 17 yo boy away from food? Goodness gracious! You’d think that child hadn’t eaten all day.
And just when you walk away for a moment, you come back to this! Like I wouldn’t notice. Kinda like I don’t notice when someone leaves empty boxes of cereal in the pantry.
However, he didn’t happen to get his hands on these! I made these extra special by dipping and drizzling a bit of melted chocolate (Enjoy Life chocolate chips) on top. Of course, I am going to share, but I wanted to save these as a little surprise for when they come home from school today. Maybe I’ll just keep a couple hidden for later….just in case.
Ok friends, I can’t make you wait any longer. You’re gonna want to make these now!
Chocolate Mocha Protein Bites
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Protein Powder (Arbonne Vegan Protein)
- 1/3 Cup Oat flour
- 1/4 Cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips (If desired for melted topping)
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh ground coffee
- 1/2 Cup Natural Crunch SunButter
- 1/3 Cup Maple syrup (Or liquid sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 Cup Brown Rice Crisp cereal
- In a medium sized bowl, add your dry ingredients, chocolate protein, oat flour and ground coffee, and whisk.
- Add in SunButter, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Stir ingredients together and if necessary, use clean hands to "knead" or incorporate it all together.
- Roll small pieces of dough together to form a ball ( I like mine a little smaller and bite-sized).
- Keep refrigerated .
If you'd like a little more chocolate, melt "safe" chocolate chips for 30 seconds, stir then repeat if needed. Drizzle onto bites or dip tops of bites into melted chocolate. Refrigerate.
In case you’re wanting more…..
Don’t go yet….
Have you tried any of these bites yet? I’d love to hear which ones are your favorite! SO far, the Oreo Truffles seem to be in the lead on Pinterest, but that was before these Chocolate Mocha Protein Bites happened.
Share your answers below,,, and if you haven’t tried any yet, which ones will be the first you do try?
If you like this recipe & want to see more like this, simply subscribe to Allergylicious in the top box and you’ll get every new recipe directly to your inbox! Perfect for those of us who hate waiting!
Live, Love, Eat!