It really has been forever since I last wrote my last blog. I’ve slacked quite badly I must say. I wish I could say that it was because I was busy creating in the kitchen but its really just been life, the end of school, vacation and then trying to entertain 3 kids during the summer.
We did come up with a plan to incorporate baking in our schedule so that each child picks a dessert and then we bake it together each week. The great thing about this is that not only is it “hands-on”, but also we get to learn about fractions & measurements (1/2 C, 1/4 tsp), time, basic baking tools and procedures and then there is the fun stuff,,,,like how to bake cookies and cakes and all the other sweets without the use of MILK, EGGS, NUTS, and how to make them healthier.
I can’t say this next recipe falls into the “healthy” category, but if you are looking for an AMAZING, BUTTERY, CHOCOLATEY, PERFECT chocolate chunk cookie that is ALLERGY SAFE then look no further. I had one in my Sweet Cheats cookbook, but since then have worked on this one and its far surpassed the other as a fav by all! I also have a Gluten Free version which I have made on occasion and NO ONE knows the difference, so I’m going to make that note for you as well.
1 1/2 tsp. Ener-G Egg Replacer + 2 TB Warm Water, mixed until frothy and set aside
3. In a mixing bowl , beat butter and sugars on high until fluffy. Scrape down sides as needed.
4. Add yogurt, Egg-Replacer mix, and vanilla to the sugar misture and continue mixing until well combined.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
6. Fold in 1/2 C. Chocolate chunks by hand.
7. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheets and place approx. 2″ apart. Flatten slightly with hand and distribute remaining 1/2 C. Choc Chunks on top of each cookie before placing in the oven.
8. Bake 10-15 minutes, until edges begin to lightly brown. You may need to rotate your sheets depending on your oven.
9. Cool completely on baking sheets.
**Use Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Flour in place of regulate flour
** Add 1/2 tsp. Xanthan Gum and incorporate that at the end of STEP 2.
* If using a convection oven, reduce heat 25 degrees. Start with 10 minutes and work your way up to 15 if needed.