If you love lemon desserts – then you need to try this refreshing Vegan Lemon Loaf! It’s buttery, moist, bursting with lemon flavor, and topped with sweet white chocolate glaze made with Enjoy Life Foods Mini Baking White Chips!
This allergy-friendly Lemon Loaf recipe was created for Enjoy Life Foods and was first showcased on their blog which you can find here. It’s just to good not to give you all the details, which is exactly what you’ll find below. Our vegan Lemon bread, lemon cake, lemon loaf (whatever you’d like to call it) is refreshing, moist, bursting with bright lemon flavor and so delicious. No butter, eggs, nuts or dairy needed for this summer-y favorite.
Glazed Lemon Bread
This recipe makes the moistest lemon bread loaf! You’ll be coming back for seconds before you know it!
- How it Tastes: Every bite of this lemon loaf is bursting with zesty lemon flavor and topped with melted, sweet white chocolate.
- Lemon Loaf Texture: Its super MOIST! It’s honestly the best part about this recipe. The crumb is so soft, it just melts in your mouth.
- Baking Time: The process of making the pound cake is pretty quick, but it takes about 40 minutes to bake. You also need to add in cooling time before you add the glaze on top.
- Simplicity: Since this recipe can be whipped up in one bowl (+ the glaze), it makes it easy enough for newbie bakers and less dishes to wash which is always a win!
Lemon Loaf Bread Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make this easy, lemony treat.
- All Purpose Flour is the base but you can also substitute with a 1:1 Gluten free blend if needed
- Granulated Sugar helps sweeten this dessert bread while adding moisture (just make sure its vegan)
- Baking Powder to help it rise
- Salt brings out the flavors
- Neutral vegetable oil (like canola or extra virgin olive oil)
- Fresh lemon juice – it has to be fresh from a lemon, not from a bottle
- Dairy-free milk of choice ( we like using flax milk but any should work)
- Lemon extract to intensify the lemon flavor (can sub with vanilla extract)
- Lemon zest because you can and you should.
For the Glaze:
- Enjoy Life White Chocolate Mini Chips – melted down, it makes a beautiful creamy topping that drys into a light shell.
Watch how easy this is to make
For anyone that’s a visual learner, here’s a quick little video on how we made this scrumptious, lemon cake loaf.
How to Make Lemon Loaf Cake with Melted White Chocolate
- Sift the dry ingredients. Sift together into a bowl the flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda using a sifter.
- Mix in’s. Add oil, dairy-free milk, lemon juice, lemon extract and zest. Fold together until all the dry ingredients are combined and smooth.
- Prep the loaf pan. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake. For 40 minutes, bake the lemon loaf at 350° Fahrenheit. Then, remove from oven and let sit in pan for another 10-20 minutes.
- Make the icing. Place @enjoylifefoods White Mini Chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 30 seconds. Stir and if its not quite melted through, repeat in 15 second intervals until white chocolate is smooth and pourable.
- Ice the lemon cake. When the cake is done, allow it to rest in the pan for about 10 minutes and then transfer it to a cooling rack. Once cool, drizzle the white chocolate icing over the top. Add extra mini chips and zested lemon peel if desired.
- Serve. Slice the cake and serve!
- Milk– Enjoy it with a glass of cold dairy free milk.
- Coffee– this pairs beautifully with coffee…..but I could pair coffee with anything. 🤣
- Tea– pretend you’re in a little bistro, sipping tea and eating a slice of lemon bread.
Other Vegan Treats you May Like:
Did You Make This Recipe?
I hope you this lemon loaf bread brightens your day as much it did ours! If you have any questions about this recipe, I will love to hear about them in the comment section below. Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and tag me (@allergylicious) on Instagram , Facebook or Tik Tok.
I can’t wait to see your creations.
Vegan Lemon Loaf with White Chocolate Glaze
Vegan Lemon Loaf! It’s buttery, moist, bursting with lemon flavor, and topped with sweet white chocolate glaze! #lemonbread #lemoncake #lemonloaf #vegan #sweetbread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup neutral vegetable oil (like canola or extra virgin olive oil)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons dairy-free milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (can sub with vanilla extract)
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Foods White Mini Chips
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a standard-sized loaf pan with parchment paper. Make sure the sides of parchment extend over the 2 longer sides of the pan to create handles, making it easier to remove from pan once baked.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add oil, dairy-free milk, lemon juice, lemon extract and zest. Fold tougher until all the dry ingredients and lump free.
- Pour batter into baking loaf pan and bake for about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let loaf cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and place on a cooling rack to finish cooling. Place in refrigerator to speed up the waiting time.
- After loaf has cooled, make the white chocolate glaze.
Place @enjoylifefoods White Mini Chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 30 seconds. Stir and if its not quite melted through, repeat in 15 second intervals until white chocolate is smooth and pourable.
- Drizzle, pour or spread on top of lemon loaf then top and sprinkle with extra White MiniChips if desired.
Store in a sealed container at room temperature for 3-4 days or refrigerate up to a week.
To freeze, wrap cooled loaf or slices in plastic wrap then store in a freezer-bag up to 3 months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY for more details.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 456mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information is only an estimate based off of using an online calculator. Numbers will change depending on brands used.
Leave a Reply