My kid’s favorite, allergy-friendly Chocolate Chip Cookies with crisp golden edges & a chewy center.
[this post has been updated with new images]
Chocolate Chip cookies are my kryptonite!
Weakening my will, enticing my taste buds and drawing me in. “Darn you cookies!”.
In all honesty, I actually do make these cookies for my kiddos (my youngest especially) so that they have homemade & allergy safe treats available. But I can still eat one, or 2, right? After all, making these addictive cookies is no easy task; try whipping up a batch while fending off crazed children from grabbing every dough covered spoon and spatula before being finished with using them. That’s definitely worth a second cookie.
Thankfully, now that my daughter has learned to bake these, she has been the one in the kitchen fighting off the boys. She must think its worth it though, since she makes these a lot. Often, my husband and I return from “date-night” only to enter into our home filled with the smell of fresh-baked cookies and a kitchen layered in cookie sheets and flour.
At least she has the baking part of it down. Next will be the cleaning!
But in the end, a few extra minutes of cleaning is SO worth the smile it puts on my son’s face. Knowing that he is able to enjoy a warm cookie with rich, melted chocolate chips anytime he wants, without worrying about his allergies, makes me happy. It also makes me happy that this recipe is loved by everyone who has tried it both with and without allergies.
Now that’s a DARN GOOD Cookie!
And you know what’s better than a chocolate chip cookie? More cookies! Jacqui over at Dishing Delish has her own version of Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies using egg & if sugar cookies are your jam, check out Gluten-free on a Shoestring’s collection of Gluten-free Sugar Cookies. Then, there are MORE cookie recipes right here like our Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Theatre Cookies, and these Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies I’ve been eyeing from A Mindfull Mom. SO many cookies. 🎉
🍪Your Printable RecipePrint
Who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies, especially when they are allergy-friendly! Crisp golden edges with chewy center, just like your favorite.
- 2 1/4 C. all purpose flour (or use Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten free)
- 1 TB. arrowroot (or cornstarch)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 C. vegan butter (Earth Balance)
- 1/2 C. cane sugar
- 1/2 C. brown sugar
- 1/4 C. water
- 1 TB. pure vanilla extract
- 1 C. chocolate chips ( feel free to add a little more)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, arrowroot, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Using an electric mixer, beat the margarine, sugar, brown sugar, water, and vanilla, until fluffy. Stir in the flour mixture ½ cup at a time, and then add 1 cup chocolate chips .
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough at a time onto the prepared baking sheet and flatten it with the palm of your hand. Repeat with remaining dough, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. Bake for approximately 12 to 18 minutes, until the edges begin to brown and the center of the cookie is a nice golden color. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
adapted from Chef Chloe
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan & Gluten Free
Pin for Later
Stay in the know
If you like this recipe & want to see more like this, simply subscribe to Allergylicious in the side box and you’ll get every new recipe directly to your inbox! You can also follow Allergylicious on Facebook , Instagram or Pinterest , sharing the newest, delicious, allergy-friendly foods.6