These chocolate covered stuffed dates, filled with Chocolate SunButter are ridiculously good and made with real food ingredients. Vegan + gluten free + nut free.
this post is sponsored by SunButter
You literally can not have just one. Trust me, I tried but they’re so easy to just pop in your mouth.
And the flavors….well let’s just say in each bite you get: sweet, caramel from the date, nutty & chocolatey from the SunButter filling then extra chocolatey and salty from the exterior.
SERIOUSLY, MAKE THESE NOW!
Chocolate Covered Stuffed Dates Ingredients
These indulgent, chocolate covered SunButter dates taste like dessert and are made with real, whole food ingredients. And want to know the best part? You only need 5 simple, vegan ingredients that you likely already have in your kitchen.
- Medjool dates – These are the best for stuffing because they are nice and plump. Get “pitted” to save yourself a step.
- SunButter – I have been hoping and requesting a Chocolate version of SunButter and I can happily say that it has arrived! New logo, new flavor and a new recipe to go with it! Grab a jar of it here or use any of their other varieties like Crunchy, Organic or Creamy.
- Flaked sea salt
- Dark chocolate chunks or chocolate chips – I love Enjoy Life chocolate chips for a dairy-free/soy-free option. I also love SoChatti ( their Blueberry Chocolate is amazing) which is also allergy-friendly and vegan.
- Coconut oil – This helps thin the melted chocolate, which makes it easier to dip the dates. It also helps add a little bit of shine to the outer layer.
How to Make SunButter Chocolate Covered Stuffed Dates
If you’re looking for a fun, healthy, no-bake dessert recipe to make this week, then give these SunButter stuffed dates a try! This recipe really doesn’t get any easier. I’ll walk you through step by step, just in case you need me . . .
1. Cut a slit in the dates and remove the pit (better yet, purchase the dates that already have the pits removed!).
3. Pour vegan chocolate chips into a bowl and add a little coconut oil. Heat in the microwave until mixture is melted and combined (I do this in 30 second intervals).
4. Lastly, take each SunButter filled date and dunk it in the chocolate. I used a toothpick to hold the date together while dipping. Pop the covered dates on parchment, sprinkle with sea salt and place in the fridge until the chocolate sets.
5. Enjoy as a healthy snack or delicious dessert!
Chocolate Covered Dates: Tips & Recommendations
Can I use dark chocolate?
Yes, of course!
Can I use white chocolate?
Probably, but I don’t recommend it.
Can I use other SunButter varieties?
Yes! I’ve stuffed dates with their Natural, Organic AND Chocolate variety, so just choose your favorite.
Do I need to use coconut oil?
It’s highly recommended! Not just because it thins out the chocolate as mentioned above, but it also helps the chocolate harden and with that nice shiny gloss!
My filling keeps spilling out of the dates
You’re overstuffing them.
Fill with, squeeze the close, then use your knife and scrape off the extra that oozes out. This will ensure a prettier chocolate coating.
Should I freeze vegan chocolate covered dates?
No! Best stored in an air-tight container in the fridge. Freezing will cause the chocolate to start “sweating” at room temperature, will just isn’t pretty.
How long do these chocolate covered stuffed dates last for?
I would say you could keep them in a closed container for up to 10 days, but they honestly never last longer than a day – we just eat them all!
What other toppings do you recommend?
Shredded coconut, chocolate drizzle, sprinkles, dried lavender or edible flowers, freeze-dried fruit, crystalized ginger….basically whatever makes you happy!
Delicious SunButter Chocolate Dates
I hope you love these SunButter-filled vegan dates as much as my family does!
If you liked this recipe or have any questions, leave a comment down below and giving this recipe a rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ so that others may find this recipe!
As always, if you make something from the blog, be sure to tag @allergylicious on Instagram so I can see your creations. Also, follow along with me on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook for more vegan & allergy friendly.
More SunButter Desserts You’ll Love:
- Chocolate covered SunButter Hearts
- Easy Chocolate SunButter Bars
- No Bake SunButter Energy Bites
- Crunchy Chocolate SunButter Cups
- 10 Medjool Dates (pitted)
- 2 tablespoons SunButter (chocolate, natural, creamy or natural crunch)
- 1/2 cup Vegan chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon Coconut oil
- Flaked sea salt (optional to sprinkle on top)
- Cut a slit down the center of each date (removing pit if needed), then fill with SunButter (approx 1/2 teaspoon). Set aside on parchment covered pan and freeze while prepping melted chocolate.
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and melt in microwave 30 seconds. Stir then heat for additional 15 seconds, stirring between each. It usually only needs 45-60 seconds.
- Using a toothpick, drip each date into melted chocolate or use a spoons to coat the date until completely covered. Place chocolate covered date on parchment covered pan and sprinkle with flaked sea salt. Repeat with remaining dates then place in the fridge to set.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator up to 10 days.
* Do not freeze once covered in chocolate.
**Replace sea salt with coconut shreds, grated chocolate, fried fruit pieces, sprinkles, etc.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY for more details.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 132Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 70mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is only an estimate based off of using an online calculator. Numbers will change depending on brands used.