These no bake SunButter bars are out of this world! Sweet, salty, creamy, extra chocolatey, and every last bite is truly delicious.
This post is sponsored by SunButter.
SunButter, a pantry staple
If there’s one thing we always have in our pantry it’s SunButter and on the rare occasion that we run out….well, it’s a very sad day! SunButter is honestly one of our favorite foods! It’s nut-free, allergy-friendly, vegan, versatile, affordable, packed with protein, and so delicious.
Because it’s a fav, it’s probably no secret that I love baking with SunButter too, especially when it involves combining it with chocolate! SunButter Protein Cups, Chocolate Glazed SunButter Donuts, SunButter Chocolate Crunch Pops…..the list really goes on and on!
So today, I’m sharing a a new recipe that is ridiculously easy to make – No bake Chocolate SunButter Bars. My husband told me that they taste like a reese’s bar… but even BETTER! The best part? No baker skills are required. Woo-Hoo!
Why You’ll Love These Nut-free Dessert Bars
- Taste like PB cups but they are allergy-friendly
- Uses 5, simple allergy-friendly ingredients you probably have
- Quick to make, easy to devour
- Kids can help make this too
- Serve as bars, large squares or bite-sized pieces
- Shareable (because they’re vegan, nut-free & can be gluten-free too)
- Freeze beautifully
- No oven needed
- Chocolate + SunButter (I should have started with that)
No Bake Chocolate SunButter Bar Ingredients
There are only 5 ingredients required for vegan Chocolate SunButter Bars, 6 if you top it off with a sprinkle of flaked salt.
1. Vegan Butter: Melted butter holds the base together. I like to use Earth Balance Buttery Sticks but feel free to use your favorite one here.
2. Graham Cracker Crumbs: Graham cracker crumbs add structure to the base. I know that finding an option that is both vegan and gluten free can be difficult, and in that case, I’d recommend something like Partake Foods Birthday Cake Cookies, Enjoy Life Sugar Cookies or even finely crushed pretzels.
3. SunButter: SunButter is the star of this recipe and it’s actually used in both layers. For a smooth texture, I suggest their Creamy blend or their Natural blend, you just may need to give it a good stir if the oils have separated to the top.
6. Flaky Sea Salt: Optional, it’s highly recommended. Your mouth will thank you later.
How to Make Vegan Chocolate SunButter Bars
You won’t believe how ridiculously easy it is to make these delicious dairy-free SunButter chocolate bars.
Next, melt remaining SunButter and vegan chocolate chips either on the stovetop or in the microwave then pour on top of the base layer. I used a little extra melted SunButter, and added drops of it on top of the melted chocolate. Swirl it all together then chill in the refrigerator until set.
That’s it. You’re done. This is probably one of the easiest and tastiest desserts you’ll ever make.
Tips & Variations For No Bake SunButter Bars
🎉Line your pan with foil or parchment paper before getting started and leave a little overhang on the edges. This will make it much easier to lift the bars out of the pan!
🎉You may also double this recipe and use a 9×13 pan.
More SunButter + Chocolate Recipes
- Chocolate SunButter Avocado Pudding
- SunButter Buckeyes
- Chocolate SunButter Sandwich Cookies
- Chocolate Gooey Brownies
Easy Chocolate SunButter Bars Recipe
Smooth, creamy, sweet & salty, delightful, and taste like you spent hours in the kitchen! Don’t wait any longer, print off the recipe below then run to the kitchen to get started.
- Line an 8x8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving edges of paper exposed to help with removal. Set aside.
- Mix the melted butter, crushed graham crackers and confectioners sugar in a medium bowl. Then stir in 1 cup SunButter until smooth. Mixture will be thick, so you'll get in a little muscle-building here! Press inIto pan.
- Melt chocolate chips iIn the microwave, using 30 second intervals then stir until smooth. Pour over base layer.
- Melt 2 tablespoons SunButter and add dime-sized drops onto melted chocolate. Run a thin stick or knife through it to create a swirl pattern.
- Refrigerate until firm (30-60 minutes). Cut into desired sizes and serve.
- Store any leftovers in a covered container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
*Crushed pretzels or safe crunchy sugar cookies of choice will also work. See post for options.
**Use Crunchy SunButter if you prefer a crunchier base.
***Double the recipe and use a 9x13 inch pan.
Freezing Instructions: Cover bars tightly (I like to wrap mine individually) and freeze up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge or eat nice and cold.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY for more details.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 192Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 78mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is only an estimate based off of using an online calculator. Numbers will change depending on brands used.