These vegan breakfast tacos feature JUST Egg scramble, beans, avocado and lots of veggies for a hearty, healthy, plant-based breakfast that’s quick and easy to make.
Raise your hand if you’re ready for breakfast tacos! Better yet, breakfast tacos for dinner 🙌
Ever since my family spent a year living in Texas & now Oklahoma, we’ve been eating tacos like it’s our job! Taco Tuesdays are a MUST, as is Fiesta Friday (not sure if that’s a thing yet, but it totally should be)! I’m been a firm believer that tacos belong on the menu anytime – lunch, dinner and breakfast.
Breakfast for dinner has to be my favorite! There’s nothing quite like changing things up at dinner and serving breakfast instead, especially when its flavor-packed breakfast tacos, loaded with vegan egg, beans and veggies.
Are you ready, because it’s taco time. 🌮
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO I NEED FOR VEGAN BREAKFAST TACOS?
There are a ton of ways to customize the ingredients in breakfast tacos, but we like to keep things as simple as possible. Here’s what’s in it:
- Tortillas: Either corn or wheat tortilla will do.
- JUST Egg: We’ll be scrambling up our vegan egg just like you would a traditional egg and spicing it up with taco seasoning.
- Refried beans: I’m partial to refried black beans but you can also use plain black beans, pinto beans or even lentils. If you’re using store-bought beans, just make sure they’re vegan.
- Avocado: Every type of taco needs avocado, whether it’s sliced or made into guacamole.
- Salsa: I usually top mine with extra spicy red salsa (homemade or store-bought). But pico de gallo, salsa verde or mango berry guacamole would a fun twist!
- Skillet veggies: Thinly sliced peppers of any color, jalapeño and onion cooked up real quick on the skillet adds extra color, flavor and kick!
That’s it! Extra toppings include roasted potatoes, diced tomatoes, fresh cilantro, sliced serranos, shredded greens, vegan cheese and/or sour cream and if you have time, vegan chorizo would also be good!
BREAKFAST FOR DINNER TACOS ARE EASY TO MAKE
These plant based breakfast tacos are quick, easy, fun and healthy. While this meal looks a little different from week to week, the basic steps remain the same.We just cook all the individual parts then throw them all together in a taco with little fuss or prep needed.
To save time and help clean out the refrigerator, we also include veggies and any leftovers from earlier in the week. Corn, roasted potatoes, steamed broccoli, tofu, Gardein vegan beefless, quinoa, rice..… they all get eaten up when you toss it into a taco.
HOW WE MAKE BREAKFAST TACOS AT HOME (VIDEO)
Take a quick look at just how easy it is to make these tacos!
HOW DO I SCRAMBLE JUST Egg?
JUST egg scramble is so easy to make because it cooks up just like a chicken egg.
To make it, just pour desired amount of JUST Egg into a hot sauté pan, then gently pull the mixture across the pan with a rubber spatula and turn over towards the center, forming large, soft curds. Continue pulling and lifting the cooked egg towards the center of the pan until the mixture looks completely cooked and none of it looks liquid. Add spices, remove from heat and enjoy.
Have fun with the recipe! Get the kids involved in prepping and setting up a taco bar then enjoy making your own creations. It’s a nice way to change up dinnertime and it’s a healthy way too.
RELATED RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
- Vegan Chipotle Burrito Bowl
- Papas Nachos (Mexican French Fries)
- Breakfast Burritos
- Potato Breakfast Bowl
EGGLESS BREAKFAST TACO RECIPE
- 2 cups cubed sweet potatoes, about 1/2 inch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1 teaspoon oil or butter
- 1 cup JUST Egg
- 1/8 cup diced onions
- 1 fresh diced jalapeño (seeds removed for less heat)
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Any other mix-ins (spinach, salsa, cheese, cilantro)
- 8 corn tortillas
- Pre-heat oven to 400°. Toss sweet potato cubes with olive oil and a little salt and pepper. Place on a large baking sheet in a single layer and roast 15-20 minutes, until browned and tender.
- Meanwhile, add black beans to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat until warm. Heat refried beans in the same manner.
- When the sweet potato is cooked and the beans are warm, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Coat evenly with a bit of butter or oil. Toss diced onions and jalapeño to the skillet and gently cook until translucent.
- Shake the bottle of JUST Egg well. Pour the desired amount until the skillet on top of the onion mixture. Shake the skillet to distribute the liquid evenly and let it sit for a moment before stirring.
- Scramble like an egg, scraping and pulling mixture across pan, while still letting the JUST Egg heat evenly until set. When the liquid iIs about halfway cooked through, add in spinach if desired. Scramble until all the liquid is just cooked through. Use the spatula to break the scramble up into fluffy, bite-sized pieces. Remove from heat.
- Heat tortillas one by one over gas stovetop flame or wrap and heat in the microwave, then top each one with scrambled egg, sweet potatoes and veggies. Sprinkle vegan cheese on top and garnish with salsa, cilantro and squeezed lime.
This recipe iIs fully customizable so feel free to swap out any of the ingredients to make it your own.
MORE ABOUT JUST Egg
This is not a sponsored post but simply a product that I enjoy using to replace eggs. You can find out more about JUST Egg here, including allergens, Ingredients, recipes and more.0