Chocolate Ganache Pie with SunButter Mousse is a dessert lover’s dream. Grab your fork because three layers of sweet bliss is waiting to you!
You are going to love this no bake pie! Everything about it is incredible.
- Easy to make
- Simple, allergy-friendly & vegan ingredients
- Chocolate cookie crust
- Smooth ganache layer
- Creamy SunButter mousse topping
…..what’s not to love about this treat?! It’s kind of like eating a pie-sized candy bar. 😍
This Chocolate SunButter Mousse Pie would be a perfect dessert to make for any special occasion and in fact, this will be served at our Easter dinner! I mean, chocolate kind of goes hand-in-hand with the holiday and the addition of SunButter just makes it all the better. Don’t you think?
Oh and guess what? I have a special coupon code to use from SunButter! Click here for to print off print – $1 off any jar. 🎉
How do you make a vegan chocolate mousse pie?
I like to have fun with the types of crusts I make for a dessert. Did you see my most recent Chocolate Popcorn Pie recipe? YUMMO!
For this base, I kept it simple, using Oreos because they are free from dairy & eggs. However, if you want to make it gluten-free, there are a few options like K-Toos, Glutino & Mi-Del. Some of these have a “may contain egg” warning on the back, so be sure to read labels if you have multiple allergens. Another easy option would be to use your favorite allergy-friendly chocolate cookie or graham cracker in its place. Enjoy Life foods has a fabulous chocolate cookie that I love using as well (affiliate link).
Easy Vegan Ganache
The ganache layer requires only a few ingredients: chocolate chips, coconut milk and coconut oil. You really don’t want to skip this step. Once refrigerated, the ganache hardens into a thin candy bar-like layer and “Oh My Yum”, it pairs perfectly with the crunchy cookie and smooth SunButter mousse.
Nut-free SunButter Mousse
The top layer is your SunButter mousse which is the star of this Pie Party. It too only requires a handful of ingredients like creamy SunButter, powdered sugar, coconut milk, a little maple syrup and a pinch of salt. So, so good ya’ll but resist the urge to eat it all directly from the bowl because you’re almost done!
Want more chocolate? Top this decadent SunButter Pie off with drizzled melted chocolate, mini chocolate chips or chopped SunCups for the most irresistible, no bake, allergy-friendly mousse pie.
Now you can DIG IN
NO BAKE Chocolate SunButter Mousse Tart
Wow your friends with this simple, delicious and quick No Bake Vegan SunButter Mousse Tart with Chocolate Ganache. Made in under 30 minutes.
Chocolate Tart Base:
- 3o chocolate sandwich cookies (pick according to diet- Oreo, goodie girl GF, KinniToos)
- 4 tablespoons dairy-free butter, melted
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (or dairy-free milk of choice)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
SunButter Mousse Layer:
- 1 can Coconut Cream, refrigerated
- 1/2 cup SunButter Natural spread
- 3/4-1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Chopped SunCups
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate shavings or curls
- Refrigerate coconut cream or heavy whipping cream overnight .
- Make your chocolate tart: Pulse chocolate sandwich cookies in a food processor or blender until fine but not powder. Add melted butter and pulse a few more times to blend together. Scrape down sides if needed.
- Press cookie crumbs into bottom of springform pan and create a small edge up the sides. Set aside.
- Make Ganache: Melt chocolate, coconut milk and coconut oil in a double boiler. Be sure to stir so it doesn't burn.
- Remove from heat and pour over top of cookie base layer. Spread evenly, making sure to bring to the edges then refrigerate and allow to set.
- Make SunButter Mousse: Scraper refrigerated coconut cream into a stand mixer. Add SunButter, syrup and sea salt. Blend on high until creamy. Add powdered sugar a little at a time to thicken and sweeten. Spread evenly on top of set ganache later then refrigerate until ready to serve. Refrigerate until ganache has set.
- Garnish with chopped SunCups, chocolate chips or chocolate shavings.
*PeanutButter can be substituted for SunButter if no allergen is present.
*If allergic to coconut, you can also use heavy cream in place of coconut cream. You can also use a pureed silken tofu.
Leave a Reply