Protein Candy Bar
Homemade, Top 8 free & delicious! Easy to make, protein candy bars to make grab & go snacking healthier & allergy-friendly
- SunButter– SunButter comes in a variety of options. Simply pick the one you like the best. I’ve used Crunchy, Organic & Natural and they all turn out wonderful.
- Sweetener– I first started making these with honey. Then I switched to Brown Rice Syrup. Either one will sweeten it up perfectly but if you use a honey, just make sure to find a local farmer who treats his bees with love!
- Protein Powder– There are a lot of options out there but I have been using Arbonne for the past year. Its certified non-GMO, Gluten-free, vegan and its also NOT loaded with sugars (other than stevia & fruit). The product itself is nut-free but the facility is not, so keep that in mind.
Protein Candy Bars
Yield 24 bars
These grab-n-go Protein Candy Bars couldn't be simpler to make, using only a few allergy-free ingredients. Use as a safe snack for the kids, as a quick breakfast on the go or as a post-workout snack.
- 1- 16oz jar SunButter Organic Spread (can also use Natural or Crunchy blend)
- 1 cup liquid sweetener (brown rice syrup, agave or local honey)
- 4 scoops chocolate allergy-friendly protein powder
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups gluten-free crispy brown rice cereal
In a large, microwave safe bowl, combine SunButter & sweetener. Heat for 60-90 seconds, until it stirs easily.
Add protein powder & cocoa. Stir to incorporate.
Stir in cereal then mix well.
Press into lined pan and refrigerate. (I like to lightly spray or oil my hands before pressing into pan so they don't stick).
When firm (45-60 minutes), lift exposed ends of parchment out of pan to remove protein mix. Cut into 24 bars.
Wrap each one in foil and freeze extras if desired. OR keep covered and refrigerated up to 2 wee
Sunbutter is made in a Top 8 free, Nut free, Gluten free facility. Arbonne Protein Powder has 20g of plant based protein from pea, brown rice and cranberry. It also provides essential amino acids & more than 20 essential vitamins and minerals. Brown rice syrup is not quite as sweet as honey but better for those needing to decrease their sugar intake. As far as sweeteners go, it is vegan, kosher, gluten free, all-natural, nearly always organic, and one of the healthiest sugar substitutes other than stevia. Plus it is a great allergen-free option.
Courses Breakfast, Snack
Cuisine top 8 free, gluten-free, vegan
Don’t these look tasty?
What’s your favorite snack for on the go? Is it a homemade bar? A piece of fruit or veggies? What do you wish you could find at your local store that would make life a little easier to ward off the munchies?
Don’t forget to share your answers below,,, It’s much more fun when everyone participates 🙂
Let’s continue to connect & encourage others with food allergies & restrictions. Follow Allergylicious on Facebook and invite your friends! Find me on Instagram and Tag #allergylicious with your awesome remakes! You can also find me on Pinterest sharing the newest, delicious, allergy-friendly foods. So many wonderful ways to share with others and build a community of support.