Rich & Fruity, Berry Cream Popsicles are a delicious & healthy treat that’s perfect for the Summer.
Oh Summer Time how I love thee! Let me count the ways…….
The heat on my skin when I’m out in the sun (I don’t sweat, I sparkle)
The color on my face from the rays’ kisses (who needs anything but mascara by now)
The pool time and chill time with family (everything’s a little more laid back)
Wearing sundresses and flip flops (just throw on some jewelry and you just made it fancy)
And the fresh fruits and veggies (chop some up and call it a meal).
I also LOVE whipping up some refreshing treats for the kids (or myself) for these hot days like Berry Cream Popsicles.
Sure, I could always buy them superhero popsicles like I had growing up, but where’s the actual fruit juice in those? And creamsicles aren’t much better, PLUS most contain milk, so that’s not an option for us.
But this recipe works perfectly!
So I used my Vanilla Bean ice cream recipe from an earlier blog post and just changed out the berries to make these Berry Cream Popsicles. Thankfully, I had these cute little popsicle holders that I just HAD to use. These are not only fun, but also practical for catching melting ice cream so your hands don’t get all sticky.
Do you have any favorite summertime ice cream or popsicle recipes? If you’re a fan of berries, then you’ll also love my Froyo Berry Pops . Mint lovers will scream over these Mint Chocolate Bubblegum Ice cream & I’m anxious to try this Lemon Curd Ice Cream from the blog Fearless Dining. I’d love to hear what your favorites are but while your thinking, be sure to print off the recipe below. You’ll want to make these!
Berry Cream PopsiclesPrint
Fresh berries and rich coconut cream are blended together to make this refreshing Allergy safe and Vegan Creamsicle.
- 1 TB Arrowroot powder
- 2 14-oz cans Coconut Milk (not light)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 TB. agave (or raw honey)
- 1 TB. coconut oil
- Dash pink Himalayan sea salt
- 3 C. mixed berries (frozen works great)
- 3 TB. agave
- 1/2 C. water
- 1 tsp. arrowroot powder
- 1/2 C. Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together arrowroot powder (1 TB) with 1/4 C. coconut milk until blended. Add to pot vanilla extract then mix in remaining coconut milk, 3 TB agave, coconut oil and dash of salt.
- Cook over medium high, stirring often and bring to a slight boil. It should start to thicken a little. Remove from heat, stir for another 2 minutes.
- Cool slightly then transfer to airtight container and chill overnight.
- Start making your berry compote.
- In a small saucepan, whisk water and arrowroot powder together. Once blended, add in agave and berries.
- Bring to a boil then reduce and simmer approximately 10 minutes. This will thicken a little as well.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool slightly then refrigerate until needed.
- Pour chilled coconut milk base into prepared ice-cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions. Approximately half way through, add in half or all berry compote and 1/2 C. chocolate chips if using and allow to finish cycle.
- Transfer to air tight container and freeze.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan
Pin for Later
Let’s Get Social
Follow Allergylicious on Facebook and invite your friends! Find me on Instagram and Tag #allergylicious with your awesome remakes! You can also find me on Pinterest sharing the newest, delicious, allergy-friendly foods.
If you like this recipe & want to see more like this, simply subscribe to Allergylicious in the side box and you’ll get every new recipe directly to your inbox! Perfect for those of us who hate waiting!0