This week, be sure to treat yourself to these cookies and cream chocolate cups because Chocolate + SunButter + Cream Cheese = heaven.
sponsored by sunbutter
Ya’ll know by now that I’m all about super simple yet decadent chocolate-y treats. Just skim through the chocolate category on the blog and you’ll find chocolate covered stuffed dates, salted chocolate covered SunButter hearts, vegan twix bars and several versions of chocolate cups just to name a few. So I’m back with ANOTHER chocolate treat that I know you will love!
Simple to make and absolutely dreamy to
inhale nosh on, these chocolate cups are filled with a blend of creamy SunButter, vegan cream cheese and chocolate chips then finished with flaky salt for the ultimate treat!
How to Make Cookies and Cream Chocolate Cups
With a few steps and a little waiting time while they chill, making this SunButter-based, Cookies and Cream Chocolate Cups could not be easier! Best of all, this scrumptious vegan, no-bake dessert is also free from soy, gluten, nuts and refined sugar free depending on the sugar and chocolate used. Let’s get started!
vegan cheesecake cookie dough ingredients:
- SunButter. I used the organic (green jar) variety which is unsweetened, but any kind will be perfect here.
- Granulated sugar. Make sure it’s vegan, or feel free to use coconut sugar.
- Pure vanilla extract. Trust me, you don’t want to skimp and use artificial flavoring.
- Vegan Cream Cheese. Combining with SunButter makes each bite extra smooth and creamy and with so many brands out there, it’s easier to pick one that fits your dietary needs.
- Chocolate Chips. Semi Sweet, Dark, No-Sugar Added – choose your fav.
make the vegan chocolate shell:
While the SunButter Cookie Dough filling is chilling, melt semisweet or dark chocolate chips in the microwave with coconut oil in 30 second increments, stirring in between until glossy and smooth. You can also melt using the double broiler method.
Once the chocolate is melted, spoon 1-2 teaspoons of chocolate into each muffin tin. Use an offset spatula (or back of spoon) to evenly push the chocolate across the bottom and up the sides of the muffin liners to create a cup for the filling.
How to Assemble Cookie Dough Chocolate Cups
Place warm chocolate cups in the freezer for 5 minutes to set, then scoop about 1-2 teaspoons of cookies and cream filling into each cup and press down slightly to fill in the sides. (The amount of filling is based on the size of your muffin cavity). Freeze again 5 minutes just to firm up the filling, then add another spoonful of melted chocolate to each cup, tapping the pan gently to settle the chocolate evenly. Sprinkle with flaky salt then chill.
Once the chocolate cups are fully set up, peel off the liners or pop them out of their silicone molds and devour! These cups are best stored in the refrigerator or freeze for chocolate emergencies🤣!
I hope you love these better-for-you, SunButter-filled Cookie Dough Chocolate Cups as much as we do!
If you liked this recipe or have any questions, leave a comment down below and giving this recipe a rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ so that others may find this recipe!
As always, if you make something from the blog, be sure to tag @allergylicious on Instagram so I can see your creations. Also, follow along with me on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook for more vegan & allergy friendly treats.
More SunButter Desserts
- 2/3 cup creamy SunButter spread (Organic or blend of choice)
- 1/3 cup vegan granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or neutral oil of choice)
- Flaked sea salt (optional)
Cookie Dough Filling:
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the SunButter, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and salt and mix until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and oil. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until fully melted. (Option - melt chocolate and oil in a metal bowl over a pot of boiling water until fully melted)
- Use a 24 cavity silicone mini muffin pan as is OR line a metal pan with cupcake liners. Pour 1 teaspoon of chocolate into the base and use the back of a spoon or offset spatula to spread chocolate and evenly coat the sides, creating a "cup". Repeat until all cups are made then free 5-10 minutes until set.
- Removed from freezer then spoon approximately 1 teaspoon of cookie dough into each cup. Press dough gently then freeze if you need to re-melt chocolate. Scoops remaining melted chocolate on top and tap pan on counter or smooth with a spoon to evenly cover and fill.
- Freeze again and allow to set (10 minutes) or can set at room temperature (but it will take longer). Sprinkle with flaked salt and enjoy!
- Store in fridge or freezer.
See links for products used.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY for more details.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 21 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information is only an estimate based off of using an online calculator. Numbers will change depending on brands used.