These vegan & gluten-free Dark Chocolate Cupcakes are rich and decadent and insanely delicious.
Oh cupcakes….how you make any day special!
Lat month I celebrated reaching 5K followers on Instagram with a batch of Dark Chocolate Cupcakes.
Then I realized…these aren’t on the blog, so of course I had to share them with you. You guys are the ones who are liking, sharing and helping this little food blog grow..so celebrate with me.
I mean, these Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting is a must have recipe to share with others.
They’re rich and chocolatey, light and fluffy and the vegan cream cheese frosting is seriously ridiculous….try not to eat it by the spoonful.
I love making these Dark Chocolate Cupcakes for any celebration actually. Birthdays (just add sprinkles), Valentine’s Day (add a fresh berries on top), Weddings (edible flowers or pearls) and Christmas….well that calls for crushed candy canes of course.
Or you can make them and just enjoy them over the weekend and create your own special celebration. It’s one of those recipes just waiting for whatever life event is around the corner!
Being able to make someone happy through baking a delicious (vegan & allergy-friendly) treat for them, is something that drives my passion. And being able to create recipes that others can easily bake and enjoy, takes me to the moon! These Dark Chocolate Cupcakes are both of those things….which is another reason worth celebrating!Print
Dark chocolate cupcakes are full of intensely rich chocolate flavor topped with delicious buttercream. V+GF
- 1 cup GF flour (Bob’s 1-to-1 GF blend or AP Flour if no restrictions)
- 1/3 cup cup dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup neutral oil
- 1 cup coconut milk (or dairy free milk of choice)
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 muffin pans with cupcake liners (will make 14 cupcakes)
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and salt in a your large standing mixer bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix together oil, coconut milk, vinegar and vanilla extract then pour liquids into dry ingredients.
- Mix on low speed, using the whisk attachment just until combined.
- Spoon batter into the liners and fill 2/3 full.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick centered in the middle comes out clean. Let cool at room temperature before frosting.
- Meanwhile, make your homemade frosting using the recipe above. Add your favorite sprinkles, chocolate chips or crushed candy canes (like we did) for the holidays.
*This recipe works with both 1-1 GF Flour and All Purpose Flour . Just make sure if you are subbing for another gf flour, check if Xanthan Gum is required.
**Store bought frosting also works if you have a brand that you love.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
Keywords: cupcake, chocolate, bob’s red mill, gluten-free, vegan, nut-free, dessert, holidays