Calling all donut lovers! This recipe is your donut dream come true. The banana donut base is moist, fluffy and loaded with vegan chocolate chips; the chocolate glaze is quick yet decadent without using crazy ingredients; and the SunButter drizzle on top makes these the ULTIMATE donut for anyone who wishes they could indulge in a little chocolate + pb but hasn’t been able to due to having a nut-allergy. If that’s you, YOU’RE WELCOME!
How to make SunButter Baked Donuts
You’re going to need to grab your donut pan because these donuts, like my other donuts, are baked, not fried. If you don’t own a donut pan, check out this link (affiliate link) for the one I have and recommend. Baked donuts are quick, easy, and a little healthier than frying them, so if you love donuts and baking, a donut pan is an inexpensive purchase you’ll use over and over again.
Chocolate Glazed SunButter Donut Ingredients
For the banana donut base, you’ll need some simple ingredients: flour (AP or 1:1 GF Blend), sugar, dairy-free milk, oil, spices, baking powder, pure vanilla extract, banana, creamy no-sugar added SunButter and a handful of vegan chocolate chips.
The star of this donut recipe is the Sunbutter because that’s the ingredient that makes it extra moist and bursting with flavor. I’m using Sunbutter’s no-sugar added variety, made with just sunflower seeds and salt to keep the sugar a little lower but any variety will work. Just don’t leave it out!
Making Allergy-friendly Donuts
Mix the dry ingredients together; the wet ingredients get mixed together in another bowl; then mixed them together, adding in the chocolate chips to form a thick batter. You’ll pipe the batter into a greased donut pan and bake for 10 minutes. That’s it!
Easy Chocolate Glaze
While your donuts are cooling, you can make your glaze. I thought about using ganache (like on this Chocolate Raspberry Cake) but I really wanted it to have a that classic crackle, like this chocolate glaze brings. And it’s really, really easy to make as well. You’ll need cocoa powder, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and your favorite dairy free milk – that’s it! Simply whisk them all together.
Decorating your SunButter Donuts
The deliciousness of Sunbutter does not end with the donut cake. Nope, we’ve got a Sunbutter drizzle to decorate the top and take it over the edge in YUMMINESS. To decorate, just dip one side of each cooled donut halfway into the glaze and slowly back out again. Let the coating rest a few minutes so it can set then go crazy adding the SunButter drizzle.
If you’re serving these to die-hard donut lovers, don’t worry, I already doubled the recipe😉 This recipe, makes a bakers dozen (13 baked donuts). And you know they are all going to be devoured!
OK, enough looking at pictures of this yummy baked donut recipe! Let’s talk about how you can make these!
Want more SunButter Recipes?
- SunButter Crunch Cups
- Chocolate Sandwich Cookies with SunButter Filling
- No Bake SunButter Mousse Pie
- Tripe Berry SunButter Bars
For the dry ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour OR 1:1 gluten free blend
- 3/4 cup granulated cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the wet ingredients:
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk (such as soy or almond)
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 2 tablespoons no-sugar added SunButter
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil (vegetable, coconut, safflower)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
For the chocolate glaze:
To make the donuts:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a donut pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl mix together all the wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined, adding in chocolate chips at the end.
- Scoop the batter into a piping bag OR a large ziplock bag and cut the corner off of the bag. Pipe the batter into the donut pan, dividing it evenly among the12 donuts wells.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the donuts have fluffed up and golden. Take out of the oven and cool for 5 minutes then flip the donuts over so the bottoms let off steam.
To make the chocolate glaze:
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix well. If the glaze is a bit too thick at 1 teaspoon non-dairy milk at a time to reach desired consistency.
- Dip the donuts into the glaze half way up and carefully lift the donut back out again. The frosting will set as it rests.
- Cut recipe in half for 6 donuts, instead of 12.
- If you have leftover glaze, use it to drizzle over oatmeal, vegan ice cream, or dip fruit into it.
- Category: breakfast, dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: top 8 , vegan, American
Keywords: donut, doughnut, breakfast
Thank you SunButter for sponsoring this post.7