These stunning, Vegan Galaxy Doughnuts are out of this world and so easy to make!
Chances are, if you follow me on instagram, you’ve been waiting for this recipe. After posting a few photos of these galaxy donuts, I had quite a few requests asking for the recipe and tips on how to make them. Well, the wait it over and not only do I have the recipe for you, but I also made a quick little video to help you make the most amazing, celestial donuts around.
So many donuts
And it actually won’t matter what type of donut you choose as your base when it’s topped with this galaxy glaze. Chocolate donut, pumpkin donut or plain vanilla donuts (we love this recipe from Pure Ella), just pick your favorite and glaze away. But don’t stop with donuts, this glaze will also make some pretty fun, galaxy-themed sugar cookies (just bake, cool and dip), but I’m getting ahead of myself here.
If you like to make your own food color, then make away, but this girl took the easy way out by using Cake Craft’s food coloring gel. Their gel is incredibly vibrant & certified gluten-free and nut-free. Most of their colors are also vegan, but as always, check the labels. I chose to use teal, pink and purple which created the most beautiful colors.
Watch our Galaxy Donut “how-to” video
You won’t need any fancy decorating skills to decorate your homemade donuts, but don’t take my word for it, check out this quick video below. You’ll be surprised at how fun and ridiculously easy this is to make….so simple, even the kids will want to help.
These mesmerizing Galaxy Donuts with moody glaze icing are so pretty, you almost have to remind yourself that it’s ok to eat one!
These galaxy donuts aren’t just for breakfast either….just think of all the special occasions you can make these for…..
- Unicorn party
- May the 4th Be with You celebrations
- Tailgating, Superbowl or sport related events
- Baby showers
- Or simply just because
Join in on the fun and get your galaxy glaze on. Be sure to post a pic on Instagram and don’t forget to #allergylicious so I can see your beautiful creations.
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
2 cups confectioners sugar
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
4 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 high pigment food coloring, Cake Craft brand (v,gf+nf) in purple, electric pink, teal, black
3-4 high pigment food coloring, Cake Craft brand (v,gf+nf) in purple, electric pink, teal, black
- edible glitter or sprinkles
- Combine confectioners sugar, coconut milk, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Stir well and check the consistency. The glaze should flow smoothly. Add a little more milk if glaze is too dry or more icing sugar if glaze is too wet.
- Add drops of food coloring of your choice into the icing. Carefully create a colorful swirl pattern by mixing the glaze with a wooden skewer or toothpick.
- Dip the pretty side of the donut into the glaze and gently glide the donut up. Place glazed donuts onto a wire rack to drip off excess glaze and enjoy!
We have plenty of donuts to get you started…..
And more recipes over on our YouTube Channel! Be sure to subscribe.