This isn’t your typical banana bread! Inspired by Elvis, it is the perfect combination of Banana & SunButter with chocolate chips in every bite.
Mmmm, Chocolate Chip Banana Bread! It’s pretty darn delicious on its own, but wait ’til you see what I have up my sleeve for today’s recipe.
It’s deliciously scrumptious like every banana bread should be, but since we have to do things differently to make it allergy-friendly, I just decided to go for it. To have fun with it and put a little bit of “rock-n-roll” into it. Are you ready?
The King of all Banana Bread
Growing up I had a thing for the “King”. REALLY! I watched every Elvis movie…. multiple times, owned every record (even had a few 8 tracks → yes, I am that old😂) and knew every song lyric by heart. To say I had a crush on Elvis would be accurate and to say I was in awe when I visited Graceland would be an understatement. He was handsome, romantic and edgy. He pushed the limits but with class and Southern charm.
Kind of what we’re doing here with this Banana Bread recipe. It’s classic and timeless but we’re going to push the limits with it. We’ve swapped out some key ingredients to keep it Top 8 Free but then I’ve added in a ton of chocolate chips and SunButter bring another level of flavor. Plus, the King loved PB & Banana, so this is my allergy-friendly take on it.
If you’re new to Allergylicious, another recipe that pushed the limits was my Banana Bread French Toast. It actually started with this delicious, vegan and gluten-free Banana Bread as its base, but today’s version is a little simpler AND it has chocolate chips. Just think about how amazing it would be to use thick slices of Chocolate Chip Banana Bread and then turn it into french toast 😍 It’ll get you All Shook Up! 🎶
Can’t Help Falling in Love
And of course, if you’re not gluten-free, just sub whole wheat pastry or all purpose for the blend. Either way, you, your family and friends will all fall in love this with this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. I’ve made it both ways and enjoyed every bite, especially when it’s still warm and has a big ‘ol slab of dairy-free butter on top. So YUMMY!
This bread is:
Full of banana flavor
Loaded with chocolate chips
Subtly flavored with SunButter
& Top 8 Free!
You’re gonna love this Allergy-friendly, Chocolate Chip Banana Bread!
- 1 3/4 cup Bob's 1-to-1 Gluten-free flour blend
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup Natural SunButter spread
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 3 large, mashed bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup "safe" chocolate chips (Free2B were used in this recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 9x5" loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium bowl, cream together coconut oil and SunButter then blend in sugar, bananas and vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients then fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 40-50 minutes. Until golden brown on top and center comes out clean when inserted with a toothpick.
- Let cool 10-15 minutes in loaf pan before removing and cooling completely on a wire rack.
Anyone else an Elvis fan out there? Did you have any celebrity crushes growing up? DO tell!!!