Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread – it’s the recipe you’ve been waiting for! This bread is vegan, gluten-free & nut-free PLUS down right deliciously addicting!
(this Zucchini Bread post from 2014 recipe has been revised with new photos)
The other day I purchased a couple really nice looking zucchini squash with the intention of turning them into pasta with my spiral maker. As you can probably guess from the photo above, I opted for using them to make bread instead. Sure the pasta would have been a whole lot healthier, but it wouldn’t satisfy our sweet tooth nearly as well.
I’ve actually been making this recipe for years, but it’s been revised a few times to fit our changing food restrictions. It went from dairy, egg & nut-free, to vegan and over the last few years, I started making it gluten-free too. Although Xander’s allergies do not require the removal of gluten, my daughter’s belly benefits from being gluten-free. And since this is one of our favorite recipes, I HAD to share it with you all!
I’m actually eating some right now with my coffee while I’m writing this!
Doesn’t it look yummy?
If you give these a try, let me know by leaving a comment and rating the recipe! It’s super helpful to know what you think. And while you’re at it, take a picture and tag it #allergylicious on Instagram so I can see! I love seeing your creations.
Your Recipe Below:Print
You can’t go wrong with Zucchini Bread, especially when its allergy-friendly and Vegan. No dairy, eggs or nuts, just AMAZING
- 6 TB. Ground Flax Meal whisked into 1/2 C. +1 TB. warm water (set aside)
- 1/2 C. Coconut Oil, melted (or vegetable oil)
- 1/2 C. Natural Applesauce
- 2 C. Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 C. Grated Zucchini (approx 3 medium)
- 3 C. Gluten Free Flour (1-to-1 mix)
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 TB. Cinnamon
- 2 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 C. Dairy Free Chocolate Chips (optional but recommended)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and lightly flour 2, 8×4” loaf pans.
- Wash & Grate zucchini. Set in a colander over bowl and lightly press to remove some of its water. Set aside.
- With a paddle attachment, blend together flax mix, oil, applesauce, sugar and vanilla. Add in zucchini until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda and powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add into wet mixture and blend until evenly combined.
- If using chocolate chips, fold in at this time.
- Divide batter, evenly between pans.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes until center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack in pan before slicing.
*If using All-Purpose Gluten-free Flour be sure to add 1 teaspoon Xanthum Gum.
**Can use regular All-purpose Flour in place of GF flour. DO NOT include Xanthum Gum.
- Category: Dessert, breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegan, gluten-free, top 8 free
Sign up for the Allergylicious newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! Grab a copy of my eBook and stay in touch on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.6