Creamy, smooth, completely addictive SunButter Fruit Dip is the perfect treat for Game day, holidays, potlucks, or whenever you’re looking for a seriously delicious treat!
This post is sponsored by SunButter®
Searching for the perfect appetizer or dessert to serve on your Game day get-together? I GOT YOU friends. This SunButter party dip is easy to whip up, allergy-friendly, vegan and sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Who loves watching the Superbowl? I know I do!
I’d like to say it’s because I actually love the game, but that really depends on who is playing. This year….let’s just say that I’m routing for a team to NOT win. You may like it for one of those reasons or maybe you just like to watch the commercials. Either way, it’s the the perfect excuse to hang out with friends and STUFF your face.
This time though….we’re going to stuff it with a healthier option….my SunButter Fruit Dip. HIP HIP HORAY!
This party dip is smooth & extra creamy and tastes ridiculously like chocolate cheesecake recipe, but without any of the allergens. Best of all – it takes about 5 minutes to make and no baking required. So it’s perfect whipping up real quick if you’re in a pinch and need an appetizer or dessert for that big game, or when last minute guests are dropping by.
What are the ingredients for making Fruit Dip?
To make this delicious party dip, you need a few ingredients:
- vegan cream cheese (pick your favorite brand)
- vegan yogurt (unsweetened ‘cuz you’re sweet enough)
- SunButter (Creamy, Natural or No Sugar Added…really, any of them)
- cocoa powder (because who can resist a little chocolate)
- liquid sweetener (I use agave)
- vanilla extract (just because it’s awesome)
- pinch of salt (for good luck)
- plus your favorite toppings (SunButter cups, cookie dough, chocolate chips or sprinkles)
Well, I’m so glad you asked! We’ve been using SunButter in our home for years and I can’t image using anything else….REALLY!
Not only is it the perfect option for my son who’s allergic to peanuts and tree nuts – it’s also vegan and gluten-free which fits a few of our other food restrictions. AND, as a Mom, I appreciate that SunButter is a natural, simple, and delicious choice, loaded with 7g of protein per serving and more vitamins and minerals than nut butter.
Allergies or not…..this stuff is amazing and takes this Fruit Dip over the top!
How to make Cheesecake Dip
Now this is the hard part – just kidding!
Just blend everything together (minus the toppings) with a food processor, electric hand mixer or whisk until smooth. Super simple, right?
It’s easy to modify the SunButter cheesecake fruit dip to your liking too. For example, sometimes I make it without any mix-ins but other times, I like to top it off with vegan mini chips, crushed chocolate cookies or crumbled cookie dough pieces… seriously YUM ya’ll. This Game Day, I’m using chopped SunButter cups.
A few tips to make this fruit dip!
- Can’t find vegan cream cheese? If you omit it, you’ll miss out on that cheesecake taste, BUT as long as you have dairy-free yogurt, it still works. If you want it a little thicker, simply increase the amount of SunButter.
- SunButter options: Natural, Creamy, No Sugar Added or even Natural Crunch would work great in this recipe. You can’t do wrong.
- Which foods are best for dipping? Apples, berries, bananas, grapes, and even pineapple are perfect for dipping! We also love using gluten-free pretzels, homemade waffles, cookies or vegan marshmallows.
- No food processor? No problem! You can use a hand held beater or work those muscles and use a hand whisk – Make sure to let your cream cheese sit at room temperature to soften before so it’s perfectly smooth when it’s mixed together.
- Can fruit dip be made ahead? You can either serve the dip straight away or store it in the fridge, covered, until ready to use. When ready to eat, let it sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften before serving. Prepare the fruit last to avoid browning.
Whether you’ll be cheering on a team during the game, hosting a group of friends or simply spending some quality time with the kids after school, you’ll score a touchdown with everyone when you put this on the table!Print
This easy Fruit Dip recipe is the best! Lightened up with vegan cream cheese & yogurt, mixed with creamy SunButter for added protein and deliciousness. Seriously addicting and perfect for Game Day, school lunches, get-togethers or simply just because.
- 4 oz vegan cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup vegan greek yogurt (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup SunButter of choice
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoon liquid sweetener (agave, brown rice syrup)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt (optional)
Dippers: berries, sliced apples, gluten-free pretzels, marshmallows, graham crackers, waffle sticks
Optional Toppings: 1/2 cup crushed cookies, chopped sunflower chocolate cups, or chocolate chips
- Blend together (using a handheld mixer or hand whisk ) the cream cheese, yogurt, SunButter, cocoa, sweetener, vanilla and salt until light and fluffy.
- Place in serving dish and top with chopped candies or cookies if using.
- Serve immediately with prepared dippers of choice or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Category: appetizer, dessert
- Method: no bake
Keywords: sunbutter, dessert dip, party dip, cheesecake dip, dairy free fruit dip, fruit dip, fruit dip with cream cheese, gluten free