Allergy-free Halloween + Giveaway
Looking for allergy-free Halloween make-up, to turn your little princess into a goblin? Look no further with Kiss Freely!
Celebrating an allergy-free Halloween has never been easier than it is now. Initiatives like the Teal Pumpkin Project has brought worldwide awareness to food allergies and companies such as Enjoy Life Foods, Free2B & Wholesome Surf Sweets has put scary good candy in our allergy-friendly treat bags. But safety goes beyond candy & pumpkins…. it can start with the Halloween make-up your child is wearing as part of their costume.
When I became an allergy-mom (11 years ago), I quickly learned that food allergies went beyond what my son ate. In fact, everything that touches my child can result in an allergic reaction. Lotion, hair care, the food our puppies were eating, latex gloves & balloons, fabric of clothing and even the Halloween masks & face paint can trigger an allergic reaction or cause symptoms of asthma. Talk about scary!
Chemicals “Oh My”
Back in 2009, A Campaign for Safe Cosmetics study revealed that ALL the face paints they tested had “dangerous heavy metals and toxic substances that are banned or restricted in other countries. Disturbingly, parents have no way of knowing what’s really in these products just by reading the labels”. They are loaded with chemicals, preservatives & many times, formaldehyde which can all cause rash, swelling & more, depending on the allergy or sensitivity. I don’t know about you, but that’s NOT what I want to put all over my child’s face, even for 1 night.
Thankfully, Kiss Freely created a Natural, Allergen & Gluten-free Face Paint for our little ghouls, gals, guys & ghosts AND I want to put it in your hands this Halloween! (Keep reading for Giveaway⬇︎).
Kiss Freely Allergy-free Halloween Makeup & Facepaint is not only non-toxic but it is also free from the following:
- Top 8 allergens
- shea butter
- animal products
In addition to choosing allergy-free Halloween makeup, here are a few more ideas to keep this Halloween safe.
- No mask about it- for kids with asthma, choose a costume that doesn’t require a mask.
- Pack & carry- Be prepared for emergencies! Don’t forget to carry a charged cell phone, epi & asthma meds as well as a few safe treats to nibble on along the way.
- Trick-or-skip- Parents may want to consider alternatives such as a movie night, bowling night or host their own safe Halloween party.
- The big swap-Allow kids to trick-or-treat with friends but swap out their candy for a big ‘ol bag of their favorite candies OR trade it in for $money$! What kid can say “no” to that?
- Teach your trickster-Instruct children with allergies which treats are safe for them to eat OR teach them to leave ALL the candy in the bag until you are able to go through it with them.
- Toys are cool– Consider leading the way in your neighborhood by offering non-food treats for the kiddos and you’ll be the favorite house on the block.
Enter for your chance to win your own Facepaint from Kiss Freely
This sponsored post was created through my partnership with Kiss Freely. As always, all opinions are my own. Collaborating with brands I love allows me to keep bringing you fun giveaways like this! Be sure to check out more allergy-free products available on their website.
Allergy-friendly Halloween Goodies
If you’re planning on making some of your own allergy-free treats, these are some of our favs!