Classic carrot cake, perfectly spiced & topped with delicious homemade frosting. Scrumptious & allergy-friendly too 🎉
This might just become your absolute favorite Vegan Gluten-free carrot cake. It is crazy good, perfectly sweet, & delightfully paired with a luscious homemade frosting. It is absolute, allergy-friendly perfection!
Two moist layers of carrot-y goodness, without the tricky ingredients. No nuts, no pineapple, no raisins, just pure simplicity. Carrots & spice and everything nice, that’s what this crazy good carrot cake is made of.
Just don’t forget the frosting. Nothing goes better with carrot cake than homemade, buttery frosting! Just like the kind we topped these carrot cake donuts with…..simple & delicious. (You’ll have to try those too).
And don’t think for 1 minute that you have to wait until Easter to make this➢➢ Heck no!!!!! We are breaking the rules with this one and making it for our Fall holidays. Move over pumpkin, we’ve got a new orange dessert in town.
Don’t you just wanna grab that fork and take a great big bite? I know the photo is a little blurry, but that’s what happens when you’re trying to snap a pic + your kids keep coming in the room. Just part of working from home….but at least there’s laughter & cake!!!! Lots of cake 🍰.
If you haven’t figured it out yet, I’m ridiculously excited to share this recipe with you all!
This crazy good carrot cake is BETTER than any you’ll pick up at the grocery store. It is easy to make, using real ingredients. Good stuff…. Allergy-friendly stuff. That is something extra special!
Print your Vegan Gluten-free Carrot Cake Recipe HerePrint
Impress your friends with a Classic carrot cake, perfectly spice & topped with yummy homemade frosting. Delicious, allergy-free + vegan.
For the Cake
- 2.5 cups gluten-free flour (I used Bob’s 1-to-1 gluten free flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 4 flax eggs (1/4 cup ground flaxmeal + 3/4 cup water, mixed)
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 3 cups finely chopped carrots (chop in food processor)*
For the Frosting
Make the Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray two 9″ round cake pans with non-stick cooking spray then lightly dust with gluten-free flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, cloves and ginger until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg replacer, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until combined.
- In a food processor, finely chop peeled carrots. Add to your wet mixture & mix together to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and just mix until combined, making sure to incorporate all the dry spots.
- Pour the cake batter evenly between cake pans. Bake 30-35 minutes or until tops of cake are set and toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven, transfer to wire rack and let cool completely before frosting.
How to make Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl of a stand mixer and mix until smooth and combined. Add a little extra creamer if too thick or a little extra powder sugar if too watery.
Tip: grab your favorite purchased “safe” cream cheese frosting to save a little time.
Pin For Later
Sign up for the Allergylicious newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! Grab a copy of my eBook and stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.10