This Chocolate Avocado Pudding is ridiculously good, full of rich and creamy chocolate flavor and spiked with SunButter goodness. It’s a super-sneaky healthy recipe, made in minutes, using a blender or food processor. Gluten free, Top 8 free, refined sugar free and vegan.
This post is sponsored in partnership with SunButter
What’s more amazing than chocolate pudding? A healthier, protein-packed version!
I’ve been a pudding fan since childhood and chocolate was always my absolute favorite (obviously). But gone are the days of boxed pudding mixes! Today, it has been replaced with a healthier, homemade version, that doesn’t compromise flavor!
If you’ve never tried chocolate avocado pudding before, this recipe will take you completely by surprise!
It is rich and silky smooth… and you really can’t taste the avocado. Just ask my kids!
Let’s make this Avocado Pudding!
Chocolate SunButter Avocado Pudding Ingredients:
The ingredient list is short and simple.
- SunButter – Healthy fats, protein, and the all-out delicious factor.
- Avocado – Another creamy, healthy fat, high in fiber and potassium, bringing an extra nutrient boost to this recipe.
- Agave/Brown Rice Syrup – Our sweet addition, blending all the flavors and adding an extra depth of decadence.
- Cacao or Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – Not only adding all the rich chocolate flavor, but I love that it also contains antioxidants.
- Dairy-free Milk – I love using flax milk, but any dairy-free version will work here.
- Refined Coconut Oil – Helps make this extra creamy while holding it all together, but if you cannot use this due to a coconut allergy, simply replace with more SunButter.
- Vanilla Extract & Sea Salt – This isn’t your boring healthy dessert. This Chocolate SunButter Mousse is loaded with all the yummy stuff too.
Simple to Make Avocado Mousse
There are lots of reasons to love this pudding, but one of them is just how simple it is to make. In fact, this Chocolate SunButter Pudding might be one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever made. Just whip up the ingredients in a food processor and serve. But for the sake of using all the pictures I took, I’ll give you the step-by-step instructions as well!
It starts by cutting your avocado and scooping the fruit into in the food processor.
SunButter comes next! If you notice on the video, I used the No-Sugar Added (orange jar) variety, because I find the pudding to be sweet enough. But feel free to use their creamy Natural variety here instead. No matter which one you use, it’ll be delicious!
Blend all that up with cocoa or cacao powder, liquid sweetener, dairy-free milk, a little vanilla extract and sea salt until smooth and creamy. Then the pudding goes in the refrigerator to chill.
Once chilled, the texture is extra creamy and stable enough to top with all those berries and coconut whip. YUM!
Even my kids raved about this healthier dessert as much as did! And no wonder, it’s:
- Naturally sweet
- Extra tasty
- Healthier than your average pudding and filled with plant-based protein
- Gluten-free and allergy-friendly
- & SO Delicious
Variations for Healthy, Chocolate Pudding
Want to have fun with the toppings? Try topping with:
- Cacao nibs
- Seeds or nuts (depending on allergen)
- Shredded Coconut
- Or a mixture of all the above.
If you’re a fan of chocolate and SunButter, I think you’re going to GO CRAZY over this recipe. It’s a great way to use up ripe avocados (or a great reason to keep buy them by the bag), and is the very best avocado pudding I’ve ever had.
I hope you enjoy this Chocolate SunButter Avocado Pudding as much as we did. If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #allergylicious on Instagram.
- 1 large avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons SunButter
- 1/2 cup liquid sweetener (brown rice syrup, agave, maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao or unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup dairy-free milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (can replace with SunButter if allergic)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup Coconut cream or Coco Whip
- Fresh berries, cacao nibs, chocolate chips, shredded coconut, drizzle of SunButter
- In a blender or food processor, combine the avocado, SunButter, large pinch of sea salt, liquid sweetener, cacao, vanilla, dairy-free milk and coconut oil then blend for 2 minutes, or until smooth and creamy.
- Divide among four ramekins and refrigerate for at least 1 hour for maximum flavor.
- Top as desired and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY for more details.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 598Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 173mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 10gSugar: 39gProtein: 8g
Nutritional information is only an estimate based off of using an online calculator. Numbers will change depending on brands used.