Super fudgy, intensely chocolatey, extremely easy to make, these salted brownie cookies are the ultimate chocolate cookie for both brownie and chocolate lovers!
Chocolate is yet again, making an appearance on Allergylicious! What can I say? I love chocolate! Chocolate chip cookies, Chocolate crinkle cookies, Chocolate brownies, chocolate cupcakes – you get the idea.
But are you ready for the something extra spectacular? Actually, I know you are, that was a silly question. These Chocolate Brownie cookies may be my most decadent creation yet!
Okay, okay, so that may sound a little far fetched, however, these cookies are so chocolatey → soft → chewy → super fudgy flavor → with a crispy outer layer. The entire pan will disappear in seconds if you aren’t careful.
I updated my Chocolate Chunk Cookies from a really old post, and played around with the ingredients until I made it even better. Chewy, soft, fluffy AND extra chocolate-y, ALL rolled in ONE. Not to mention, vegan, allergy-friendly & gluten-free too (although I’ll show you how to quickly adapt if you don’t need the gf option).
Although I know that you’ll love the taste and richness of these vegan brownie cookies, I am pretty positive you’ll also love the ease of making these too. And by that, I mean, you only need one bowl. ONE BOWL! No melting chocolate→ no chilling dough → and NO WEIRD INGREDIENTS. Woo-Hoo!
How to make chocolate brownie cookies
Whisk together the dry ingredients then stir in the wet ingredients. Yep….it’s that easy! You’re finished dough will resemble a gooey brownie batter that you’ll want to eat straight from the bowl. Which is totally acceptable by-the-way.
Baking the cookies
And here’s a tip….the easiest way to portion out the dough is with an ice cream scoop coated lightly with nonstick spray.
You’ll get about 15 cookies from this recipe, which is the perfect size for dunking! (Just like these cookies).
Tips for the best brownie cookies
* Don’t over bake the cookies. Bake for 11-12 minutes. Since every oven is different, you’ll have to keep an eye on them the first time you make these. Just remember, these cookies will set as they cool. So in order to achieve a perfectly baked chocolate brownie cookie, you have to under bake just slightly.
*If you over-bake a cookie, you’ll lose some of that pillowy softness. But don’t stress too much….simply dunk in a cup of dairy-free milk to fix that.
*And don’t forget the sprinkling of flaky salt, these super indulgent cookies are delicious on their own, but a touch of salt simply brings out all the best flavors.
But beware, everyone will want one! And may even try to take it from you! So make sure you keep a secret stash for yourself in case another craving comes back the next day.
- 1 cup flour (1-1 Gluten free flour or All Purpose)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons neutral oil (like canola, safflower, vegetable)
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chunks (or mini chips)
- sprinkle of flaked sea salt (optional topping)
- Preheat oven to 325° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Whisk well so everything is blended together nicely.
- Stir in remaining ingredient to for a thick batter.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop batter and then roll into balls. Sprinkle with flaked sea salt then bake 15 minutes. Let sit out another 10 minutes before eating. They will look a little undercooked initially, but will firm up when cooling.
- You can also use a small ice cream scoop will give you approximately 18 cookies. Bake 9 minutes if making smaller cookies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY for more details.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 124Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information is only an estimate based off of using an online calculator. Numbers will change depending on brands used.