If you are looking for the perfectly addictive, treat for your next Holiday, then this is it! Sweet, crunchy and amazingly simple to make…we call it Christmas Crack.
This is simply, the most addictive holiday (or party food) treat I’ve ever made.
And although healthy, it is NOT, it IS, free from Dairy, Eggs or Nuts which means my little can eat it without worry. So food allergies trump healthy any day.
Here’s what you need to make Magic happen:
- Rice Chex
- Golden Grahams OR Van’s Cinnamon Heaven which is GF.
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Butter (Earth Balance makes the BEST allergy-friendly butter there is)
- Corn Syrup (Brown Rice Syrup just may do the trick, and make it a tad but “healthier”, but I haven’t tried it yet)
- 6oz Rice Chex (1/2 12oz box)
- 6oz Grahams cereal (1/2 12oz box) (like Vans Cinnamon Heaven for GF version)
- 1 C. shredded coconut , unsweetened
- 3/4 C. (1.5 sticks) Dairy free butter, like Earth Balance
- 1 C. organic cane sugar
- 1 C. corn syrup
- In a very large bowl, combine cereals and coconut.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and add sugar and corn syrup. Heat until mixture reaches 230˙ on a candy thermometer. It will have a "melted" consistency but will be able to form a "soft ball".
- Pour over cereal mixture, stir and coat well.
- Pour mixture out onto 2 large, lined cookie sheets to cool.
- Store in a container to keep fresh.