What’s the difference between blondies and brownies?
If you’ve never tried a blondie, then you’re in for a wonderful treat!
When I want an easy, fuss-free, no-mixer recipe that I know everyone will love, it’s this chocolate chip blondie recipe. Did I mention that it’s filled with lots and lots of chocolate chips?!
Ingredients in Chocolate Chip Blondies
You will be surprised that you only need a handful of common ingredients from your fridge and pantry for these blondies.
Gather the following:
- Vegan Butter: using melted butter brings out a really rich “buttery” taste that you just can’t get from coconut or vegetable oil.
- Brown sugar: this keeps our blondies soft & chewy instead of dry & crumbly. And since the molasses in brown sugar is acidic, it reacts with Baking powder to help make it puffier.
- Cinnamon Applesauce: I used cinnamon flavored applesauce to keep the sugar low but the flavor high. Plus, since this recipe is egg free, the applesauce works as an egg replacer.
- Vanilla Extract: pure vanilla extract is a MUST.
- Flour: All purpose flour is what you see used in these photos but I also tested it using 1:1 baking flour. Both work great, so use whichever fits your diet.
- Vegan Chocolate Chips: Enjoy Life Foods is one of my favs and Nestle now makes an allergy-friendly brand that is quite yummy too.
How To Make Vegan Blondies from scratch
These easy, chocolate chip blondies are super easy to make, without the need for any fancy mixers. All you need is a whisk, a bowl and rubber spatula then follow these quick steps:
Don’t worry, they are written in more detail on the recipe card.
- Preheat oven and line baking pan with parchment paper for easier cleanup.
- Melt the butter and whisk in brown sugar, applesauce and vanilla, then whisk to combine.
- Stir in the flour and baking powder then fold in chocolate chips, reserving a small handful.
- Press dough into pan, sprinkle with reserved chips then bake!
Eat them warm or wait for them to cool – doesn’t matter because either way you choose is delicious.
Check out my page on Tik Tok where you can watch us making this recipe in a fun little video.
I hope you love these soft and chocolate chip vegan blondies as much as my family does!
If you liked this recipe or have any questions, leave a comment down below and giving this recipe a rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ so that others may find this recipe!
More vegan bar recipes you’ll love
Vegan Blondies Recipe
When you make this recipe, be sure to tag @allergylicious on Instagram so I can see your creation! Also, follow along with me on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook for more vegan & allergy friendly desserts.
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter (warm, not hot)
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cinnamon applesauce (I used a pouch of GoGoSqueeze) at room temp
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose or 1:1 baking flour (if GF)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup vegan chocolate chips (reserving 2 tablespoons for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350° and line an 8x8 glass baking square with parchment paper. Leave 2 sides a little longer to use as a handle which helps when removing squares from pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together melted butter and brown sugar. Then add in applesauce with vanilla extract.
- Sift in flour and baking powder, then use a spatula to fold ingredients all together, making sure no dry spots remain.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon dough into baking square and use rubber spatula to press dough evenly into pan. Sprinkle with extra chocolate chips.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until tops of the blondies are light golden.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly before slicing in the pan.
Sub chocolate chips with white chocolate, cranberries or dried fruit of choice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY for more details.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 127mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information is only an estimate based off of using an online calculator. Numbers will change depending on brands used.