Vegan Chocolate Chunk Bars are loaded with SunButter-y flavor and melty chocolate! They’re thick, dreamy, and takes only 6 ingredients to make!
this post is sponsored by SunButter.
Chocolate + SunButter = something magical
It shouldn’t be any surprise that some of the most loved desserts I’ve shared over the years, like SunButter Buckeyes and Easy SunButter Swirl Vegan Brownies are based on this beloved combo of rich chocolate and creamy SunButter. And todays recipe is another yummy example of that pairing.
These loaded SunButter Chocolate Chunk Bars are a mixture of your classic Chocolate Chip Bar + Blondie but elevated to the next level. They have a soft, chewy texture, are loaded with chocolate (inside and out), lots of SunButter flavor, yet so light and delicious!
These bars are the perfect treat to make whether you’re vegan, have a food allergy, or just craving a delicious sweet treat!
SunButter Chocolate Chunk Bars
- Easy to make
- Only 6 ingredients needed
- Dairy free, egg free, nut free, and vegan! Gluten free to by using an 1:1 GF blend flour.
- Made with creamy, Creamy SunButter (it’s the red jar)
- Easy to customize with different toppings
- Will be your new favorite treat!
Ingredients and Substitutions for SunButter Cookie Bars
- SunButter. I LOVE the SunButter and chocolate combo! We used their Creamy blend but you can also sub with Natural (yellow), Organic (green) or even their Crunchy variety (blue).
- Light Brown Sugar. This is the key to creating that beautiful crispy edge white keeping them soft and chewy.
- Oil. This is the place to use the highest quality extra-virgin olive oil you can find. natural flavor of olive oil cuts through the sweetness of the bars yet complements the chocolate. Canola Oil, or liquid coconut oil is another option.
- Flour. An all purpose blend is what I used here, however, you can swap it out for an All Purpose 1:1 gluten free flour if needed.
- Milk. For baking recipes, I love using Flax milk (although its becoming harder to find). Soy, Coconut, Almond, or Oat milk would all work in its place.
- Vegan Chocolate Chips & SunCups. Whether you choose semi sweet, milk or dark chips you’ll be in for a treat. I love using larger chocolate chunks then chop up SunCups to press into the top for extra YUM!
How to Make Vegan Chocolate Chunk Bars with SunButter:
The ingredients are few and the steps for to make these loaded SunButter Bars couldn’t be easier.
- In a large bowl, mix the brown sugar, oil and SunButter until smooth.
- Add the flour and combine. Then pour in dairy-free milk and blend until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks (or chips).
- Transfer the batter to a prepared pan and spread the mixture out in an even layer. Because it’s a thicker batter, I found it easiest to pat the batter down in an even layer with a rubber spatula.
- Add the toppings! Press chopped SunCups or extra chocolate chunks on top.
- Bake & Enjoy! Bake for 25 minutes until the top is golden brown. Allow the bars to cool & set then cut into bars and enjoy!
Tips for Making Loaded SunButter Bars
If needed, use binder clips to help parchment paper stay in place when filling. Be sure to remove them before placing in the oven though.
Mix the SunButter real good. Sometimes the oil rises to the top and even if you don’t see it, I like to make sure my seed butter is nice and smooth. So give it a good mixing in the jar before measuring.
Bake until “just set”. Don’t worry if your bars don’t look done. They will continue to set and firm up when they cool. And since these SunButter Chocolate Chunk Bars are eggless, we don’t have to worry about being undercooked.
More Delicious Recipes using SunButter + Chocolate
I hope you enjoy these Loaded SunButter Chocolate Chunk Bars as much as we did! If you have any questions about this recipe, I will love to hear about them in the comment section below. ⬇️ Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and tag me on Instagram #allergylicious 📸
I can’t wait to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook.
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup extra light olive oil, canola oil or melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup Creamy SunButter
- 1 cup all purpose flour (or 1:1 gluten free blend)
- 1/4 cup dairy free milk (like flax or oat)
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chunks or chips
- Optional : 2 Suncups chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° (F) and line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment so that sides slightly hang off the edge.
- In a large bowl, use a handheld beater and mix together brown sugar, oil and SunButter until smooth.
- Add flour and blend to combine. Pour in dairy free milk and mix just until smooth. Fold in chocolate.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan and spread evenly to the edges. Top with chopped SunCups if using or extra chocolate chunks. Bake 25-27 minutes or until center looks "just set".
- Remove from oven and cool which allows it to set. Cut into small squares and serve.
Make gluten free by using 1:1 flour.
Mix SunButter before measuring to incorporate any oils that may have separated.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY for more details.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is only an estimate based off of using an online calculator. Numbers will change depending on brands used.