These SunButter Chickpea Blondies are gooey, delicious, and made with no refined sugar.They’re nutritious enough to enjoy as snack and decadent enough for dessert!
This post was created in partnership with SunButter & Just Date Syrup. All opinions are my own.
And these healthy blondies also happen to be flourless, gluten-free, allergy-friendly and vegan, too.
I know you’re probably questioning this entire recipe, wondering how it’s even possible to make such a dessert without any of those ingredients.Well, let me give you a hint… chickpeas. Actually, that was more like the answer, but I’m the girl that likes to read spoilers before the end a movie, just so I know if I want to keep watching it.That being said, you really want to keep watching how this happens.
A HEALTHY BLONDIE RECIPE:
Take one look at this blog or my instagram and you’ll see just how much we love our sweets. From cupcakes to brownies, and donuts to cookies….it’s all good. Because these recipes avoid our allergens, we consider them healthy. We also use sugar alternatives or unrefined cane sugar because it’s better just for you. The one thing we haven’t done a lot of is baking flourless treats.
But I was up for a challenge, and I knew this was something you all had been wanting. Basically, these flourless Chickpea Blondies are for you (although I’ve eaten a ton of them so far!)
FLOURLESS CHICKPEA BLONDIE INGREDIENTS:
Before we get to the recipe, let’s talk about ingredients!These healthy chickpea blondies are made with:
- SunButter (ya’ll know this is my favorite nut-free spread by now)
- Just Date Syrup (the extracted juice from medjool dates)
- Coconut Sugar
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Flax milk
- Vanilla extract
- Vegan chocolate chips (optional but totally recommended)
See … nothing weird, nothing that requires Google to translate. Just simple plant-based ingredients that come together in the most magical way.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKPEA BLONDIES:
These are so easy to whip up and can be in your belly in no time!
Simply toss everything (except the chocolate chips) into your blender (or food processor) and blend away! It takes 5 minutes prep and 30 minutes to bake. Which means that you can have a deliciously healthy dessert ready to eat in no time!
SUNBUTTER CHICKPEA BLONDIES: SUBSTITUTIONS
I tested this recipe quite a few times to get it right before sharing it with you all. So to save you from all the trials and errors, I recommend making it as written for the best results. However, here are a few possible substitutions for those who have different restrictions.
- Garbanzo Beans: Great Northern Beans (white beans or Cannellini beans) also work in this recipe. However, chickpeas are my favorites!
- SunButter: There are several types of SunButter available, such as Organic, Creamy, or Natural and any of those would be a great choice. I honestly haven’t tried this recipe with any other nut or seed butter. We have an allergy to nuts and this is by far our favorite allergy-free brand but I am guessing that any all-natural variety would work well.
- Just Date Syrup: This is a new product that I love baking with and highly recommend grabbing some to try. It adds the perfect amount of sweetness. But in a pinch, use pure maple syrup to keep it vegan!
- Coconut sugar: Granulated sugar works well in this recipe too. But to keep the recipe unrefined without compromising taste, coconut sugar is a great choice!
- Flax milk: Any non-dairy or regular dairy milk work. Just pick whichever fits your dietary needs.
- Chocolate Chips: Depending on the type of chips you select, will determine if this recipe stays 100% refined sugar free. You could always leave them out….but why?
Products from Amazon.com
These Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies are perfect for anyone who needs to satisfy their sweet tooth but in a healthier way. And since I’ve already eaten them all, it’s time to run to the kitchen and start baking your own batch!Print
Sink your teeth into these good for you, decadent, vegan, protein packed, chocolatey treats. Grain Free + Nut Free + Refined Sugar Free too.
- 1 (15oz) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup SunButter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup Just Date Syrup
- 1 tablespoon flax milk (dairy-free milk of choice)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chip
- extra chocolate chips & SunButter for drizzle if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line an 8″ or 9″ baking pan with parchment, leaving a little overhang to help with removing after baking.
- Place all the ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a high speed blender or food processor. Blend until perfectly smooth and creamy.
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and spread to edges. Add an extra sprinkle of chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake 30 minutes, until edges pull away from pan and top is set and golden.
- Let cool before slicing!
- Store in an airtight container & keep refrigerated until served.
See post for substitutions.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: vegan, healthy, top 8 free
Keywords: SunButter, vegan blondies, chocolate chips, flourless blondies, chickpea blondies, grain free dessert, top 8 free blondies, Just Date Syrup