SunButter Protein Cups
Snack? Dessert? You decide. Either way it’s a healthy treat you’ll feel no guilt when eating.
I’m always on the lookout for healthy snacks for my family. While a store-bought protein bar may be a convenient choice, it is not always the best option out there! Many are loaded with all types of sugars, artificial ingredients and allergens that can cause more harm than good. Luckily, this recipe for homemade SunButter Protein Cups are easy to make, have none of the junk, all of the clean protein and taste like dessert. It has quickly become one of our all time favorites.
It’s a great grab and go, guilt-free snack that you and your family will love.
I like to make these in bulk and then place in the fridge or freezer to grab when needed. Sadly, however, the freezer option rarely happens (unless I’m hiding a batch). Most of the time, they simply make it to the fridge and that’s it. It seems like they get eaten faster than I can get make them….but how can I complain about that when they are eating a healthier treat?
If you can carve out a little bit of time and make a big batch of SunButter Protein Cups, you’ll save money, have total control over the ingredients and know that you have a delightful treat that is free of any of your allergens.
Plus, who doesn’t love some SunButter & chocolate now and then, especially when it’s this healthy?
How are they healthier?
- Seeds give a great dose of healthy fats.
- Vegan Protein powder provides a nice dose of protein without the worry of dairy or eggs.
- Coconut oil is a great healthy fat as well.
- No preservatives.
- No questionable “natural flavors”.
- Allergy-free. You can make these bars however you need to in order to avoid allergens or sensitivities but they are already top 8 free if you follow the recipe below.
- SunButter is a delicious peanut butter alternative, plus it is nutritionally superior. “SunButter has just as much protein as the leading brand of peanut butter, but with one-third less saturated fat, absolutely no trans fats, less sodium, and less sugar. One serving of SunButter provides more vitamin E, twice as much fiber and zinc, and nearly triple the iron than is provided by one serving of the leading peanut butter!”
Don’t these look amazing?
Now for the recipe…
SunButter Protein Cups
Yield 24 mini cups
No Bake, homemade, protein packed SunButter Cups make for a healthier, allergy-friendly, snack or dessert. Guilt free, gluten free & vegan too.
4 tablespoon SunButter (Organic spread for less ingredients & no added sugar)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 serving vanilla protein (allergy-friendly brand)
1 1/2 cups allergy-friendly chocolate chips
sea salt (optional)
Make your filling:
- Line mini muffin tin with liners.
- In a saucepan, melt & stir together SunButter & coconut oil on low.
- Remove from heat & add in protein powder. Stir until smooth.
Make chocolate layers:
- Reserve 1/3 cup chocolate chips (set aside).
- Melt remaining cups over a double boiler, stirring to help melting process. Remove from heat then stir in remaining chocolate chips. Stir until those are melted.
- Add approx a tablespoon of melted chocolate into bottom of cupcake liners.
- Add tablespoon sized-SunButter mix on top of chocolate base and gently spread before topping with additional melted chocolate.
- Option- sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt.
- Freeze 20 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks (if they last that long) and snack as desired.
Courses Snacks, dessert
Cuisine top 8 free, gluten free, vegan
Pin & share with your friends
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. I am an official SunButter Blog Partner Ambassador and receive product and payment for creating awesome recipes using their products. All opinions & recipes are my own.
Have you tried SunButter before? What is your favorite choice of spread? What do you use for a healthy “go-to” treat?
Let’s continue to connect & encourage others with food allergies & restrictions. Follow Allergylicious on Facebook and invite your friends! Find me on Instagram and Tag #allergylicious with your awesome remakes! You can also find me on Pinterest sharing the newest, delicious, allergy-friendly foods.