Homemade Oatmeal Cookie Granola Parfait will be your new favorite treat for breakfast, snack or dessert. Packed with wholesome ingredients and layered with dairy-free yogurt, this recipe from the Meatless Monday Family Cookbook is perfect for the whole family.
Homemade Vegan Granola Parfait
If you’ve never made homemade granola, you are in for a treat. Jenn is letting me share this easy-to-make, family- friendly, vegan Oatmeal Cookie Granola Parfait recipe from her first cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook. It is way better than any store bought kind. It’s light and crispy, and makes the entire house smell amazing. Plus, you get to customize it to your diet and restrictions.
Homemade granola is so much healthier than the store-bought kind because you control exactly what is going into the recipe. I always like to make extra because granola gets eaten quickly around here. I add it to my yogurt, eat it as cereal with flax milk, grab a handful for a quick snack, pack it in my kids lunchbox and even sprinkle it over some coconut ice cream!
How to make Granola Parfait
Homemade granola is underrated. It takes about 5 minutes of prep work (seriously!) and is delicious! Jenn’s oatmeal cookie granola recipe uses old-fashioned rolled oats and crispy brown rice cereal for texture. Vanilla, cinnamon and salt to amp up the flavor and maple syrup sweetens everything up.
To make this oatmeal cookie granola, simply mix everything together in a large bowl then spread it out into a compact layer on a parchment paper-lined baking tray. Bake the granola for around 30 minutes, making sure to turn the pan 20 minutes in. This will to ensure its baked evenly through, without getting too dark in places.
And because this is flavored after an oatmeal cookie, don’t forget the raisins. Just make sure to toss those in AFTER the granola cools! Otherwise you’ll have crunchy, dry raisins which never is a good thing!
Assembling the Vegan Yogurt Granola Parfaits
These oatmeal cookie granola parfaits look gorgeous, with only a few minutes of assembly. I like start with granola on the bottom of the glass jar, before topping it with layers of dairy-free yogurt and berries. Layering the yogurt granola parfaits like this means that you’ll get a little bit of everything in every single bite. If you’re making ahead of time or packing in a lunchbox, I’d keep the granola separate until ready to eat so It doesn’t get soggy.
Getting Started with Meatless Mondays
Jenn’s approach to this cookbook is one that uses simple ingredients and encourages getting your kids involved. In our home, my kids love cooking and baking, because I included them in the kitchen at an early age. Not only is it a great skill to learn, but its also empowering – especially when your child has food allergies. This cookbook also shows you how to incorporate Meatless Mondays in your week and the “why” behind it (without being pushy!).
Other Recipes You’ll Find
Some of the other recipes that my kids “dog-eared” to make were the
- Vegan Potpie Noodle Casserole
- Skillet Chickpea Chilaquiles
- Vegan Scampi in Lemon Garlic Wine Sauce
- and Jenn’s Sloppy Pineapple Chickpea BBQ Sandwich
I think you’re really going to love adding this cookbook to your collection! Find it on AMAZON here: The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook.
Oatmeal Cookie Granola Parfait Recipe
When you make this recipe, take a photo and tag #allergylicious and #veggieinspired on Instagram and Facebook so we can see your creations.
For the Oatmeal Cookie Granola
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (choose gluten-free if needed)
- 1 cup brown rice cereal
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup raisins, dairy-free chocolate chips, or both (optional)
For the Parfait
- 2 cups plain or flavored plant-based yogurt
- 2 cups fruit of choice (blueberries, sliced, strawberries, diced apples, etc.)
For the Oatmeal Cookie Granola
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C, or gas mark 2). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the oats and crisp brown rice cereal in a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl or cup, whisk together the maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients while stirring to incorporate. Mix well to ensure all the dry ingredients are coated.
- Spread out onto the prepared baking sheet into one compact even layer. Pat it down, but don't spread it out too much, you don't want gaps in between.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Turn the pan around in the oven at the 20-minute mark to ensure even cooking. DO NOT STIR during the cooking time. Let it cook on the pan for about 10 minutes and then break into clumps. Let the granola continue to cool completely.
- Stir in raisins or chocolate chips, or both ,if using.
To assemble the parfaits
- Dollop some yogurt in the bottom of a glass or small bowl. Top with a sprinkle of granola and some fruit. Repeat 2 or 3 times for each parfait. If preparing in advance, put all the granola on top or in a separate container and mix when ready to serve,
Kids in the Kitchen: "The kids can mix up the granola and assemble the parfaits."
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY for more details.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 452Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 258mgCarbohydrates: 89gFiber: 6gSugar: 53gProtein: 12g
Nutritional information is only an estimate based off of using an online calculator. Numbers will change depending on brands used.