These light and refreshing Blueberry Lemon cookies are a springtime delight, infused with bright fresh lemon flavor, sweet blueberries and tangy cream cheese filling.
Blueberry Lemon Cookies are simply delightful, bursting with bright flavors and exactly what I needed!
I am so done with this weather! One day it’s in the 80’s, the next day we’re under a freeze watch and somewhere in-between there’s a tornado warning. Yep, welcome to Oklahoma my friends. In all reality, I’ve grown to love living here but on days when it’s cold, rainy & windy, all I really want is to be somewhere warm and tropical and since that wasn’t happening, I decided to make these sunshine inspired cookies to cheer me up.
You need to make these blueberry lemon cookies at least once this spring or summer, especially while all the fresh blueberries are in season. It’s so bright and refreshing and it just screams happiness, even when the weather outside is yucky. The cookies are so soft and moist, kind of like a lemony cookie-cake that’s loaded with sweet blueberries. And just to kick it up a notch, tucked away inside each cookie is a tangy bit of vegan cream cheese heaven which complements the sweetness perfectly. There’s just so much deliciousness tucked into every bite!
Blueberry Lemon Cookies are free from:
- wheat and gluten
- peanut-nut & tree-nut free (no coconut either)
- animal products (everything is Vegan)
- corn products
- can also be soy-free if using Daiya cream cheese
And do you know what that means? It means there’s room for extra blueberries and lemons….YAY!!!
Try making these Blueberry Lemon Cookies next time you need a little sunshine in your life! Or even better, make these for someone special (Mother’s Day is around the corner!) and brighten up their day as well.
More lemon-y recipes for you!
Lemon Blueberry Cookie Recipe Below
- 1 cup vegan butter, unsalted
- 1 cup granulated cane sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 vegan "eggs" *
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cup Gluten-free (1 to 1) flour OR All-purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 oz vegan cream cheese, cut into tiny cubes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream together vegan butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add lemon zest, juice and egg replacer, scraping down the sides as needed.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour then while the mixer is on low speed, add this dry mix to the wet ingredients. Carefully fold in blueberries.
- Refrigerate dough 15-20 minutes, so it's easier to handle.
- Roll 1 heaping tablespoon of dough into a ball. If using vegan cream cheese, place 1 teaspoon of cream cheese in the center then fold dough edges back up to cover it, creating a ball again.
- Bake 10-14 minutes, or until edges are slightly brown. Transfer to cooling rack and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Sign up for the Allergylicious newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! Grab a copy of my eBook, find me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter , Pinterest and if you give this recipe a try, let me know by leaving a comment and rating the recipe! It’s super helpful for us. And while you’re at it, take a picture and tag it #allergylicious on Instagram so we can see! We love seeing what you come up with.