Homemade, SunButter Oreo Rice Krispie Treats recipe – Extra gooey and buttery Rice Krispies Treats loaded with crushed Oreos and ribbons of SunButter mixed inside and out! A quick and easy no-bake recipe that’s sure to be a hit!
This post is sponsored by SunButter.
The Best SunButter Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
SunButter + Chocolate + Rice Krispies is the best flavor combination. This is the most amazing, Rice Krispies treat variation you’ll every have…..allergy-friendly or not! I just looooove these SunButter Oreo Rice Krispie Treats and so has everyone I shared them with. Plus, they are super easy to make (my kids actually made the ones you see in the post today, that’s how easy they are).
Why You’ll Love this Rice Krispie Treat Variation
Classic Rice Krispie Treats are a nostalgic treat and one of the most loved no-bake recipes. I mean, its hard to resist that butter-y, gooey, chewy, crunchy, scrumptious dessert.
But sometimes, you just need to take a treat like this to the next level and oh-my-goodness……that’s exactly what was done here. This Rice Krispie variation has all the things you love about the classic recipe, but adds in a lot more love and flavor with the addition crunchy chocolate cookie bits and SunButter swirled inside and out.
And if you’re crazy about chocolate and SunButter, you’ll top these bars off with more crushed cookies and SunButter.
Guaranteed to bring a party to your mouth with each bite.
Ingredients for SunButter Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
You only need a few ingredients, plus your mix-ins to make a batch of this yummy, vegan dessert. Yep – if you use the right ingredients, then you can keep this recipe both vegan and allergy safe. AND, it can also be gluten free depending on the rice cereal used.
- Marshmallows: The melty, gooey, glue that holds it all together. Don’t worry, they make vegan marshmallows too.
- Rice Krispies: An essential ingredient and any brand will due. Can also be replaced with any other puffed cereal.
- Butter: Another essential for flavor and softness. Use salted stick butter for this recipe. Just trust me! (and yes, there are dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free options for this too).
- Salt: Yep, this is one of those ingredients that can be overlooked in a dessert but it helps balance the sweetness while elevating the flavor.
- SunButter: I recommend using the Creamy variation (red lid) for this recipe. It’s already smooth and subtly sweet which mixes up beautifully in these treats.
- Oreos: Crumbled Oreos (or chocolate sandwich cookie of choice) to add more oomph to these already amazing Rice Krispie Treats.
How to Make Next Level Rice Krispie treats
With these quick tips you’ll have perfect, homemade SunButter Oreo Rice Krispie treats in no time.
- Line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. This way you don’t have to worry about your bars sticking to the pan!
- Don’t let the butter burn. I know it sounds like a silly thing to include in these notes, but if you don’t keep stirring, they will brown and possibly burn and brown burnt butter will make for yucky treats.
- Use fresh marshmallows. Seriously, they make a difference. Don’t grab that bag that’s been sitting in your pantry for months and think it will be okay to use. It won’t be okay.
- Fold in crushed cookies BEFORE mixing in the SunButter so the are evenly coated.
- Stir SunButter if you oil is resting on top. It’s a natural process where oil will separate over a period of time and rise to the top but we need it nice and smooth without oil.
- DO NOT press these bars into your pan firmly. GENTLY press them to spread. The harder you press them down, the harder they are when it’s time to eat!
- Hate sticky hands? Run your fingers in water, shake it off, then press. No sticking!
- Make these gluten free by choosing a crispy rice cereal labeled Gluten Free (and check your marshmallow labels too just in case).
Why do my Rice Krispies Treats get hard?
Be sure to use fresh marshmallows and cereal. Also, don’t press the treats too firmly into the pan (see above).
Do Rice Krispie Treats with SunButter need to be refrigerated?
I don’t recommend refrigerating Rice Krispie treats or else they can get hard. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
How long do SunButter Rice Krispies Treats keep?
Rice Krispies treats will be the freshest if kept in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days. If you didn’t devour them in those first few days, you can reheat in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to bring the softness back.
What size baking dishes can Rice Krispie Treats be made in?
SunButter Oreo Rice Krispie Treats can be made in an 8 by 8-inch, 9 by 9-inch, or 7 by 11-inch pan. The smaller the pan, the thicker they will be.
Are SunButter Rice Krispie Treats nut-free?
Yes!!! They are also vegan, soy-free and can be gluten-free. Thankfully there are so many ingredient choices available to bake with – you just have to use ones that fit your diet or restrictions.
And there you have it! Krispie Treats, Krispy Treats, Crispy Treats, or Krispies Treats – however you want to spell it, they’re always better when you add SunButter!
I hope you love this SunButter Oreo Rice Krispie Variation! If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️. This helps others find the recipes!
As always, I absolutely love to see your beautiful creations on Instagram and Pinterest, so be sure to tag me there.
If you like this recipe, you’ll love these too!
Easy to Make Vegan Rice Krispy Treat Easter Egg
Rice Krispie Treat Cake (vegan + allergy-friendly)
Chocolate Dipped Krispie Treats
Easy Chocolate Protein Bars (Vegan, Gluten Free, Top 8 Free)
Chocolate SunButter Crunch Cups
The Best SunButter Oreo Rice Krispie Recipe
Enjoy friends! This is my new favorite way to make rice krispies.
SunButter Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
- 16 ounce bag mini marshmallows (approximately 8 cups)
- 1/2 cup salted vegan butter
- pinch of salt
- 5 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/3 cup Creamy SunButter
- 16 chocolate sandwich cookies (like Oreo), roughly chopped
- Line 9x9 square baking pan with parchment ( or grease) and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat, stirring consistenty. Once butter is melted, add in marshmallows and salt. Stir with a rubber spatula until completely melted and making sure not to burn. Remove from heat.
- Add crispy cereal and chopped Oreos, folding in to coat evenly.
- Melt SunButter in the microwave for 15-18 seconds and slightly melted. Drop melted SunButter into marshmallow mix and fold a few times to distribute without fulling mixing in (we want swirls).
- Scoop mixture into prepared pan and press down gently into an even layer. Top with a little more melted SunButter, cookie crumbles and if desired, melt the inside of a few cookies and drizzle on top.
- Allow to cool 30-45 minutes before slicing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY for more details.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 106mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 0gSugar: 22gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information is only an estimate based off of using an online calculator. Numbers will change depending on brands used.
Leave a Reply