Easter is around the corner, and this Rice Krispy Treat Easter Egg Easter is the perfect way to celebrate! It’s fun, colorful, delicious and best of all, it’s super easy to make. (Vegan, Nut Free & Gluten Free)
It’s hard to believe that Easter is this Sunday… where did this year go? Hopefully, you have your Easter meal already planned. If not, don’t worry. This Rice Krispy Treat Easter Egg is a quick fix for those of you worried about what to make for brunch this weekend. It’s also easy to whip up if you’re needing an extra dessert PRONTO!
Rice Krispy Treats are one of my favorite go-to desserts, when crunched for time. It’s just so easy to make and everyone loves them. In the past, I have made Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispy Treats and Rice Krispy Layered Cake. But this Easter, I decided to make it extra festive and create a really big Rice Krispy Treat Easter Egg.
If you have a little more time, another good option for Easter dessert are these Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Easter Eggs. It’s the perfect holiday treat!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE RICE KRISPY TREAT EASTER EGG
- Puffed Rice Cereal – any type you want
- Vegan Butter – any brand you want
- Vegan Marshmallows – or what fits your diet best
- Colored Frosting, Piping Bags and Tips
- Optional – Sprinkles & Candy to decorate
That’s it. Literally the easiest thing ever!
DO YOU NEED AN EASTER EGG CAKE MOLD?
You may have noticed above that this Rice Krispy Treat Easter Egg recipe does not require any type of cake mold. Maybe because I couldn’t find one in the shape of an egg, but that’s ok! I like using the “free hand” method anyways. Simply form the sticky rice krispy mix into the best egg-shape as possible and Wa-La!
*Just remember to either dampen your hands a little or spray with no-stick oil. It can be pretty sticky!
HOW TO DECORATE RICE KRISPY TREAT EASTER EGG
This giant Rice Krispy Treat Easter Egg is so much fun because there are so many different ways to decorate it. I dyed my egg pink by adding a few drops of coloring to the marshmallow/butter mixture before it’s mixed into the cereal. So pick your favorite Spring colors and start making it into your own masterpiece! You can see I used frosting and sprinkles to decorate my vegan Rice Krispy Treat – but the possibilities are endless! Have fun with it- add colored candies, sour rope, melted chocolate, gummies, etc.
This vegan and gluten free, Rice Krispy Treat Easter Egg is easy to make, super cute, and festive for the holidays. You’ll want to save this recipe and use in those future holidays too. Just think, you can turn this into a large flower for Mother’s Day, a Football for Father’s Day, The Flag for July 4th, a Pumpkin for Halloween and a Tree for Christmas. So many options!
MORE EASY VEGAN HOLIDAY RECIPES
Chocolate Covered Stuffed Dates
Carrot Cake Donuts (perfect for Easter Breakfast)
Chocolate Covered SunButter Hearts (use an egg shaped mold instead)
Rice Krispy Treat Easter Egg Recipe
Rice Krispy Treat Easter Egg (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Easter is around the corner, and this Rice Krispy Treat Easter Egg Easter is the perfect way to celebrate! It’s fun, colorful, delicious and best of all, it’s super easy to make.
- 4 cups Popped Rice Cereal
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 bag mini vegan marshmallows
- Food Coloring of Choice
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside. (Alternatively, use a rectangle cake board)
- In a large pot, melt butter and mini marshmallows on medium heat. Make sure you stir every 15-30 seconds until everything is melted. *For microwave instructions, see Notes
- Add food coloring a few drops at a time until you get desired color.
- Take the pot off the heat and add the crisped rice cereal.
- Stir until all the cereal is fully coated.
- Pour mixture onto prepared parchment paper. Coat hands with non-stick spray or dampen slightly with water to prevent sticking. Shape into a large egg form.
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to cool before decorating.
- Once the egg is cool, peel it off the parchment and flip it over so the smooth side is up.
- Decorate as desired.
In a large bowl, melt marshmallows and butter on medium setting in the microwave. Start with 1 minute, stir, and add additional time if needed in 20 second intervals. Mix in drops of coloring. Add crisped rice cereal and continue with step 5 above.
See Ingredient links for products used. Feel free to swap for your preferred brand of choice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY for more details.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 65Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 64mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is only an estimate based off of using an online calculator. Numbers will change depending on brands used.
Leave a Reply