Healthy & adorable Chocolate protein bites with a little bit of glamour! Makes the perfect Valentine’s Day (or any day) snack.
When you need a quick fix after your workout or in the middle of the day, then look no more. These vegan chocolate protein bites are loaded with protein, healthy carbs, a little bit of healthy fat and some low glycemic sweetener to help with maintaining energy.
This post was originally posted in 2013 but has since been refreshed with new images.
Made with chocolate vegan protein powder (I used Arbonne chocolate powder), these little guys are free from dairy and eggs making them safe for anyone with those food allergies. They are also nut free which is an extra bonus, although you can totally substitute almond butter in place of the sunbutter if that is not an issue. AND, these are also gluten free! So basically these chocolate protein bites are your new best friend, or as my child would say, your new BESTIE!
Feel free to mix and match ingredients along the way to make them yours.
- Don’t have Arbonne powder? That’s ok, any plant-based chocolate powder will work (Owyn is also another great, allergy-friendly favorite of mine)
- Wanna try another nut/seed butter? Sure, why not.
- Don’t have any Brown Rice Syrup on hand either? Try using agave nectar OR Grade B Maple Syrup this time THEN order some Brown Rice Syrup for next time (you’ll thank me later)
- Want more chocolate flavor? So do I! Add in a 1-2 TB of cacoa powder, throw in some cacao nibs or maybe some Enjoy Life chocolate chips just because you can.
- Sprinkles????? Well, those are optional but don’t they look more fun? I added some pretty pink sprinkles this time which makes them a sweet Valentine’s treat but you can use whatever color you’d like or even roll in some yummy cacao powder.
Ready to get rolling? These Protein Bites are a breeze to make!
If you give these a try, let me know by leaving a comment and rating the recipe! It’s super helpful for me. And while you’re at it, take a picture and tag it #allergylicious on Instagram so we can see! I just love seeing what you come up with.
Vegan Chocolate Protein Bites
Plant-Based protein packed chocolate bites, loaded with protein, carbs and healthy fat making this an easy fix after your workout or as a needed snack.
- 2 Scoops Vegan Chocolate Powder
- 2/3 C. Sunbutter
- 2/3 C. Coconut, shredded and unsweetened
- 1/4 C. Cacao Powder
- 1/2 C. Brown Rice syrup
- 1 1/2 TB. Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp. Sea salt
- 1/2 C. Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (optional) OR Cacao Nibs
- Sprinkles (optional)
- In a food processor or blender, pulse protein powder, Sunbutter, coconut & cacao powder until well mixed and starts to clump.
- Add brown rice syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and sea salt. Pulse until combined. Scrape sides if needed. Add chocolate chips and/or nibs and pulse again to incorporate chips into mixture.
- Drop dough onto counter and pull off pieces to make into ping pong sized balls. Roll onto parchment-lined sheet. Decorate with sprinkles if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Cuisine vegan, gluten-free