Tart & tasty, fresh & festive Cranberry Salsa with baked “tree” chips .
My early Christmas gift to you is this Cranberry Salsa recipe! It’s the recipe that takes very little effort, but has a huge impact. Everyone will be asking you for this recipe by the end of the night….trust me, that’s why I’m finally adding it to the blog.
Why I haven’t shared this Cranberry Salsa before is unknown to me… I’ve been making it for over a decade now, so I guess it’s about time, right?
Plus, with Christmas being next week, you’ll be needing this soon! So far, we have hosted 2 parties and I just made another batch for tomorrow’s Christmas get-together. Lot’s of parties, but thankfully this appetizer is incredibly easy and everyone loves it, so it’s a guaranteed party favorite!
Tree Chips are perfect for dipping into your Cranberry Salsa
12 minutes is all you need to whip up a batch of adorable cut-out Christmas chips that will have all your friends raving!
Rudi’s makes GF Spinach Tortillas that work perfectly for this recipe. I love that they are already the perfect shade of green and are free from nuts, dairy & soy (they don’t contain egg either). Mission Tortilla recently came out with a soft GF tortilla that I found in Target, so that would work too, although it’s not green.
Cookie cutters do make perfectly symmetrical shapes BUT it will add to your prep time which is why I came up with this easier method. Simply:
- stack tortillas
- cut into quarters
- make 3-4 horizontal slices (see above)
- make secondary slices for tree edges
- then bake ’em up!
Pulse, pulse baby
That’s right, all you need is a food processor or blender with the proper attachments and you’ll be making Cranberry Salsa in no time. Pulse all the veggies/fruit into the perfect dippable consistency, then transfer to a large bowl then stir in the remaining ingredients. Feeling a little lazy? Dump everything in at once and pulse until chopped. Just keep your eye on it so it doesn’t turn into cranberry soup. Watch how easy it is…..
When I dip you dip we dip
Are you ready to get your “Dip on”? I know I am! Tomorrow night’s shindig is an Appetizer Theme so we will not only be enjoying Cranberry Salsa, but I’ll also be serving Hasselback Baby Potatoes & Vegan Oreo Truffles for dessert. YUM!!!
Let the Festivities Begin
Do you have any holiday parties or family get-togethers this week or next? What yummy dishes will you be serving to your guests? Be sure to Print off and/or Pin our Cranberry Salsa, then comment below! I just love hearing from you all.
- 1 bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 large green apple, cored and cut into large pieces
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into chunks
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and cut into 1/4's
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/3 cup natural apple juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest or juice
- 2 Tablespoon pickled jalapeño
- fresh cilantro, optional
- Heat oven to 375° . Stack tortillas and cut in half then half again. Make slices to make into a tree shape or use cookie cutter. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 8 minutes or until crisp. Remove to a wire rack and cool.
- While trees are baking, make the salsa.
- Put cranberries, apple, red pepper, onion and jalapeños in food processor and pulse a few times. Add in sugar, apple juice, lime zest and pickled jalapeño (if using) and pulse a few more times until chopped.
- Spoon into serving dish or glass bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve with baked tree chips or premade chips of choice.
Pin for Later
Craving more? Sign up for the Allergylicious newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! Grab a copy of my eBook and stay in touch on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.