Salsa & spice add a ton of flavor to these little Black Bean Sliders. Load them up with your favorite toppings, like guacamole and sour cream and you have a fiesta in the making!
First of all, I must confess that I didn’t get these to you when I intended. But life gets busy and between 3 kids, being a pastor’s wife, and building 2 businesses, it’s a good day when I put food on the table! If it was just me fending for myself, I’d be living on fruits & veggies, chia seed bowls, homemade ramen soup and probably SunButter sandwiches. Alas, I do have a family to cook for, so I need to be more creative but the recipes need to be quick!
How many of you know what I’m talking about? When the kids are little, you’re just thankful you can take a shower during nap time. Then you think you’ll have more time when they reach school, but then there is drop off & pick-up with a lot of parties & school functions in between. I haven’t even gotten to sports or activities AFTER school. But High School will be easier, right? That’s what I thought but was so very wrong.
The point in my “overshare” is NOT to compound the feeling of hopelessness, but to let you know that all those things happen so quickly and honestly in a blink, your kid will be graduating high school (May 11th y’all!!!!!). So, let’s enjoy the time we do have with them, let’s take some stress out of meal-time and make it easy! That’s what these Black Bean Sliders are….EASY PEASY 🙂
These black bean sliders are my new favorite burger. The bean patty itself if loaded with 2 types of beans (black & navy), spicy salsa then bound together with flax meal and gluten-free crushed tortillas. Then, we topped off these babies with sliced tomatoes, red onion, guacamole, sour cream and lettuce. Throw on some jalapeno and cheese and it’s a fiesta in your mouth!
I’ve made similar black bean patties before, but never as a slider! Boy, was I missing out! A batch of these are perfect for family dinner, birthday parties, get-togethers and game-day. The leftovers (if you have any) keep really well in the refrigerator, and pack perfectly for next day lunches, or as a quick snack.
So do you need an easy dinner to add to the weekday mix? Are you tired of rushing home and trying to figure out what to make that’s delicious and won’t take hours to put together?
TRY THESE BLACK BEAN SLIDERS TODAY
- 1/2 cup spicy salsa (as hot as you can handle)
- 1- 15oz cans of black beans, drained
- 1- 15oz can of navy beans, liquid reserved for aquafaba recipes
- 1 cup crushed gluten-free tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 flax egg (1.5 TB flax meal + 3 TB liquid from salsa)
- 3 tablespoon vegan mayo (Vegenaise or Just Mayo)
- 4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- mini slider buns
- Place fine mesh strainer over a small bowl. Pour salsa inside strainer and gently push down to remove extra liquid. Place salsa in a larger bowl.
- Make your flax egg using the liquid from salsa. If you need any additional liquid, just make up the difference with water. Set aside.
- Add beans to salsa and mash until no whole beans remain (or toss in processor and pulse a few times). Toss in tortilla chips, onion, mayo, chili, cumin, salt, and flax egg. Mix until incorporated and let stand 5-10 minutes as you get your griddle hot.
- Drizzle griddle or non-stick skillet with oil and heat on medium high. Reduce to medium. Form bean mix into small burgers using an ice cream scoop, place on heated griddle then gently press down to form burger shape. Cook 3-4 minutes per side, until lightly browned and heather through.
- Repeat until all burgers are done.
- Serve on small slider buns and top with guacamole, sliced tomatoes, greens, onions and sour cream.
- The recipe itself if GF, however, be sure to use GF buns to keep it safe.
- Keep those broken pieces from the bottom of your tortilla chips in a little baggie. Crush them and use those for the crumbs.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY for more details.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 330mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 10gSugar: 2gProtein: 9g
Nutritional information is only an estimate based off of using an online calculator. Numbers will change depending on brands used.