You’ll be hooked after 1 bite of these homemade, vegan Tex Mex Egg Rolls, paired with a delicious avocado cream sauce. The perfect party appetizer.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 package Tofurkey Slow Roasted Chick’n
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, mined
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup black beans, drained
- 1 cup corn (frozen or fresh off the cob)
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (or 1 teaspoon dry cilantro)
- 1 package Twin Dragon Egg Roll Wrappers
- oil for frying
Avocado Dipping Sauce
- 2 large avocados, halved and pitted
- ½ cup lightly packed fresh cilantro (some stems are okay)
- ⅓ cup lime juice (from about 2 ½ limes)
- 1 small jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons water, more as needed to thin
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Add oil to large skillet and heat to high. Add chick’n, onion, garlic then coat with spices.
- Stir and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat then add beans, corn, red bell pepper, tomato, cheez and cilantro. Mix together.
- Add 1 ice cream scoop size of mixture into the middle of egg roll wrapper.
- Start at the bottom and pull over the filling. Dampen edges with a little water, then fold in two sides and roll tightly to seal everything in.
- Fill fry pan with 1″ oil and set to medium high. It’s ready when a drop of water sprinkled on it causes oil to sizzle.
- Add 3-4 egg rolls at once.
- Allow to brown on 1 side, flip over and cook until golden brown. Remove from pan and let drain on a cooling rack covered with a paper towel.
- Repeat with remaining .
Make dipping sauce by placing ingredients in a blender, and blending until smooth.
Serve warm with dipping sauce.
Keywords: texmex, eggroll, appetizer, football, vegan