This is an incredible bread! The combination of pure pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice and pumpkin seeds add to its moist texture, richness of flavor in this favorite seasonal bread.
- 1 3/4 cup 1:1 gluten free blend or all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar (I used Wholesome brand)
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil (or neutral oil)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or brown rice syrup)
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk (coconut, flax, soy )
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 C. dry unsalted pumpkin seeds (sunflower seeds, cranberries or vegan chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line an 8×4 loaf pan with parchment paper and lightly spray to coat.
- In a large bowl, stir together flours, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add the pumpkin puree, oil, syrup, lemon juice and milk and mix until dry ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Top with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes in preheated oven, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean. Remove from oven and let cool 15 minutes in pan (it will continue to cook a little).
- Remove from pan and sit on a cooling rack to cool completely before slicing.
- Category: Bread, Pumpkin
- Method: Bake
Keywords: pumpkin bread, fall, bread