Moist and sweet Vegan Pumpkin cupcakes, perfectly spiced then topped with a silky smooth, cream cheese frosting. Dairy-free, Egg-free, Nut-free & Gluten-free.
- 2 cups 1-to-1 gluten-free flour blend (sub with all-purpose flour if not gluten-free)
- 1 cup vegan cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice*
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup canned coconut milk, shaken well
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter, at room temperature
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4–4 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two 12-cup muffin tins with 16 cupcake liners. (You can also use a 12-cup and a 6-cup).
- Ina large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Ina medium bowl, whisk together liquids: pumpkin puree, coconut milk, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to the dry and whisk just until combined.
- Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full with batter. Bake 16-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of cupcake.
- Allow to cool before spreading with cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Scrape down the sides and mix at medium speed for another 20 seconds. Decrease speed to low and add the confectioners sugar, 1 cup at a time, stopping and scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. Once it is all combined, whip 1 more minute on high speed and set aside.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate if you need it to set up a little more before using.
- Pipe or spread onto cooled cupcakes before serving.
*Make your own pumpkin pie spice with: 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon cloves, 1/4 teaspoon ginger, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
**Cupcakes can be made in advance and frozen for up to 1 month. Simply thaw and frost before serving.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Holidays, Allergy-friendly, Vegan, Gluten-free