If you really want to start someone’s morning off with a smile, make them these chocolate glazed donuts! They’re such a fun & delicious breakfast treat )PLUS, they are vegan and gluten-free)
Chocolate Donuts Recipe:
- 2 1/2 cups 1-to-1 gluten-free flour (or sub in All-Purpose Flour)*
- 1 cup vegan cane sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder (optional, or sub with more cocoa powder)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups dairy-free milk (we used flax milk)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar **
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate Donut Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare your donut pan by lightly spraying with vegetable oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all your dry ingredients. Flour, sugar, cocoa, espresso, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together milk, oil, vinegar and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk to incorporate together (you can also use a hand mixer if you prefer.
- Using a pastry bag or large zip lock bag, fill this up with your donut batter and cut off tip. Pipe batter into prepared pan then bake 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before removing from pan and placing on a baking rack. Let cool completely then dip the presentation side of your donut into the chocolate glaze. Add sprinkles if desired.
Make your Glaze:
Pour melted butter, milk, corn syrup and melted chocolate into a bowl with your powdered sugar. Blend with your hand mixer until smooth.