Creamy and silky, this Vegan Chocolate Dream Pie is perfect in so many ways! Made with an easy homemade pudding layered inside a cookie crust and topped with sweetened coco whip and chocolate chips .
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (1 box Enjoy Life Foods Double Chocolate Crunchy Cookies)
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
Make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°. then lightly grease a 9″ pie pan.
- Place cookies and melted butter in a food processor and pulse until combined and crumbly. Press evenly and firmly into prepared pan, making sure to spread crumbs up the sides. Bake 10 minutes then cool completely (I place in the fridge to speed up the process).
Make the Filling:
- In a small bowl, mix dairy-free milk and cornstarch with a whisk and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together canned coconut milk, sugar and salt then heat on medium high until just boiling. Reduce to low then stir in chocolate chips . Let cook while whisking until smooth. Increase heat to medium and slowly add cornstarch mixture into the pan while still whisking. Let cook until the mixture is thick, like pudding (5 minutes).
- Remove from heat and if necessary, add pudding mixture to a blender and puree 30 seconds to make totally smooth and pourable.
Assemble the pie:
- Pour filling into cooled cookie crust. Let pie cool completely the chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours (or overnight).
- Top with Coconut Whipped Cream and garnish with mini chocolate chips .
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten-free
Keywords: vegan, chocolate cream pie, gluten-free, easy chocolate pie, dairy-free chocolate pudding pie