A delicious copycat recipe for Chipotle’s Burrito Bowls filled with Gardein’s Beefless Ground, black beans, roasted peppers and veggies, fresh avocado, tomatoes & lettuce. DIY Burrito Bowl Chipotle style. Vegan Gluten-free Nut-free Recipe. Serve in a bowl, in a burrito or lettuce wraps.
- 1 bag Gardein Beefless Ground
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning plus more for seasoning at the end
- 2 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups white rice, brown rice, cilantro lime rice or quinoa cooked
- 2 red/orange peppers & 1 onion, sliced (you can add these to your bowl raw or bake on a sheet pan for 15 min @350°)
- Optional toppings: avocado, lime, vegan sour cream, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, guacamole, salsa, jalapeños
- Start cooking the rice (quinoa, cauliflower rice, brown rice) according to package directions.
- Sauté peppers & onion in a skillet or add them to a sheet pan with a little oil and taco seasoning then roast in the oven @ 350° for 15 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting and the rice is cooking, grab your skillet and start sautéing the package of beefless ground, sprinkled with taco seasoning until browned and hot. Set aside.
- Heat up the beans and corn. If you prefer the taste of charred corn but don’t want to mess up another pan, just wipe off and reuse the skillet after the “ground” is sautéed.
- Assemble the burrito bowls once ingredients are prepped and ready ! Start with a base of rice and seasoned beefless ground and follow with roasted veggies, beans, tomatoes, corn, shredded lettuce and any other toppings you’d like to include – like guac and jalapeño.
*Set up all the ingredients for a DIY Burrito Bowl so everyone can load their bowls with their favorite toppings.
**Great recipe for Meal Prep, Salad Topping or Burrito Filling too!