This sauce is perfect on pasta, pizza, mac & cheese, or as a dip for your favorite nachos. It’s easy to make and everything you’ve ever wanted in a sauce!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (we used all purpose gluten-free flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat the coconut oil in a small pot on low heat.
- Once the oil is a complete liquid, add in the flour and whisk.
- Add the salt, paprika powder, and curry powder and whisk again.
- Then, add the nutritional yeast and whisk again. It should be clumpy–that’s normal, don’t worry.
- Add the water and whisk on the lowest heat setting for about 1 minute until the sauce thickens nicely. If it gets too thick (or if you want to reheat at a later time) you can add a little more water and whisk again and it should be good as new.
- Use it as a dip, pour it over some lasagna or pizza or whatever you like.
*The original recipe calls for AP flour but I made this with All Purpose Gluten-free flour which turned out wonderfully. Be sure to adjust the liquid accordingly if you use a different flour (I had to add about 1/2 cup extra).
- Category: Snack, Sides, Sauce
- Cuisine: Gluten-free, Vegan, Nut-free,