These Vegan Blueberry Scones are the perfect sweet treat for brunch or breakfast, easy to make, too!
- 2 cups all purpose flour or 1:1 gluten free blend
- 3 tsp Wholesome Organic Stevia (or 1/3 cup Whole Cane Sugar)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold vegan butter (or chilled coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup flax, soy, coconut milk plus a little extra for brushing
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2/3 cups frozen organic blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor (or mixing bowl) combine flour, Wholesome Organic Stevia, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Pulse or whisk to combine.
- Add butter and pulse again until crumbly. You can also use a pastry cutter if not using a processor.
- Add non-dairy milk, lemon juice and zest, then pulse together until a sticky dough if formed. Transfer for a bowl and fold in blueberries.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface and form it into a 1″ high disc. Use a large knife to cut the circle into 6 or 8 even wedges. Then use a floured spatula to transfer the scones to the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with a little non-dairy milk and sprinkle with cane sugar if desired.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until fluffy and lightly golden brown on the edges. Cool slightly before drizzling icing or enjoy as is.
*Recipe loosely adapted from Minimalist Baker.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: bake
Keywords: scones, breakfast, brunch, bakery, Wholesome, stevia, sugar free, vegan, blueberries