Vegan Baked Blackberry Donuts topped with a simple, yet amazing lemon glaze. Donuts are incredibly easy to make and perfect for breakfast! Gluten-free & Nut-free too with options.
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted & cooled
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons aquafaba
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened flax milk (or dairy free milk of choice) We used Good Karma Flax Milk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (white or apple cider)
- 1 cup Bob’s 1-1 gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries (gently diced or use blueberries)
- 1 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted vegan butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- pinch of salt
- 4–5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Make the donuts:
Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly spray a 6-cavity donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a small bowl, add milk and vinegar then set aside to curdle.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture into the wet ingredients, and stir just until combined. Gently fold in the blackberries.
Transfer the batter into a disposable piping bag or zip-top bag with a small corner cut off. Pipe the batter into the prepared donut pans filling each cavity 2/3 full.
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until donuts spring back when pressed lightly with your fingertip. Cool on a wire rack. Dip the donuts in the lemon glaze.
Make the Glaze:
In a medium bowl combine the confectioners’ sugar, butter, lemon zest, and salt. Whisk in enough lemon juice to create a smooth glaze.
- Any berry of your choice will work. Try this with blueberries, strawberries or raspberries.
- If the glaze begins to stiffen while dipping the donuts, try warming it in the microwave for a few seconds to loosen it back up.
- Category: breakfast, dessert
- Method: bake
Keywords: doughnut, donut, vegan, gluten free, top 8 free, berry donut, easy baked donut,