This Vegan Berry Trifle is perfect for a summer party or festive 4th of July. It’s refreshing, gorgeous, and you can make it ahead of time! Sure to be a crowd-pleasing hit!
- 1 1/2 cups flour (1-for-1 gluten free or all-purpose)
- 1 cup Wholesome ZeroSugar™ Organic Erythritol
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup neutral oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (white or apple cider)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
CocoWhip (or store-bought brand of choice)
*If making your own whip, do this first so it has time to chill.
- Chill bowl and whisk of your stand mixer in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Skin solid cream from the top of the coconut milk can and transfer solids to the chilled mixer bowl. *Do not use any coconut water!).
- Add powdered sugar and whip for a few minutes, until mixture begins to stiffen like whipped cream.
- Chill in a covered container and allow to firm even more before using.
For the Cake
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly great 9’inch round and add a layer of parchment to the bottom to help with removal.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk water, oil, vinegar and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet mixture into the dry and whisk until combined but don’t overmix.
- Fill prepared cake pan with batter then Bake 28-30 minutes, rotating halfway through. Toothpick inserted into the center of the cake should come out dry. Let cool before assembly.
- Wash & dry berries. Cut strawberries into slices, and blackberries into halves. Remove stems from blueberries if needed.
- Cut cake into 1-inch cubes while still in the pan.
- In a large trifle bowl (or glass bowl) add half of the cake cubes. Top with dollops of cocowhip then a layer of berries. Repeat layers and end with cocowhip and berries.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Use store-bought whipped cream if desired.
- Use individual glass dishes instead of a large trifle bowl, using the same layering technique.
- Category: dessert, holiday
- Method: bake
Keywords: 4th of July, trifle, vanilla cake, summer dessert, dessert, top 8 free, vegan, gluten-free cake