Vanilla Bean Coconut Ice Cream with Swirls of Cherry and Chunks of Chocolate. Dairy free, Allergy free & Vegan.
- 1 Vanilla Bean pod ( or 2 tsp. vanilla extract)
- 2 14-oz cans Coconut Milk (not light)
- 1 TB Arrowroot powder
- 3 TB. agave (or raw honey)
- 1 TB. coconut oil
- Dash pink Himalayan sea salt
- 3 C. sweet cherries (frozen works great)
- 3 TB. agave
- 1/2 C. water
- 1 tsp. arrowroot powder
- 1/2 C. Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks
- Carefully cut open bean pod and scrape to collect seeds. Tap seeds into medium pot.
- In a small bowl, whisk together arrowroot powder (1 TB) with 1/4 C. coconut milk until blended. Add to pot with vanilla seeds then mix in remaining coconut milk, 3 TB agave, coconut oil and dash of salt.
- Cook over medium high, stirring often and bring to a slight boil. It should start to thicken a little. Remove from heat, stir for another 2 minutes.
- Cool slightly then transfer to airtight container and chill overnight.
- Start making your cherry compote.
- In a small saucepan, whisk water and arrowroot powder together. Once blended, add in agave and cherries.
- Bring to a boil then reduce and simmer approximately 10 minutes. This will thicken a little as well.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool slightly then refrigerate until needed.
- Pour chilled coconut milk base into prepared ice-cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions. Approximately half way through, add in half or all cherry compote and 1/2 C. chocolate chunks and allow to finish cycle.
- Transfer to air tight container and freeze.
Arrowroot powder will help prevent ice crystals from forming. *If you do not have an ice cream maker, simply add mix-ins to coconut base and transfer to an air-tight freezer container. **Allow at least 5 minutes of thaw time before serving.
- Category: Dessert