Warm chocolate cake, drenched in a rich, chocolaty fudgy frosting for an amazing allergy-friendly twist on classic Texas Sheet Cake.
- 1 1/2 Cups fruity soda (like Cherry Coke or Dr. Pepper)
- 1 Cup coconut oil
- 1/2 Cup cacao powder
- 2 Cups GF flour
- 1 Cup cane sugar
- 1/2 Cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. fine Himalayan salt
- 1/2 Cup “buttermilk” (add 1 TB. lemon juice & top off with coconut milk)
- 2 egg replacers (Bob’s Red Mill or Flax Egg)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- coconut oil spray
- 1 1/4 Cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 Cup vegan butter
- 1/4 Cup safe chocolate chips
- 3 TB. coconut milk
- 3 TB. fruity soda
- 3–4 Cups vegan powder sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Make the Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray 17×12″ sheet pan.
- In a medium saucepan, bring first 3 ingredients to a medium boil, stirring often. Then remove from heat.
- Whisk flour, sugars, baking soda & salt together in a large bowl. Add warm mixture and whisk until blended. Whisk in “buttermilk”, eggs & vanilla. Pour batter into prepared sheet pan.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.
Make the Fudge:
When using gluten-free flour, cake could take a little longer to bake so keep an eye on it.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: top 8 free, vegan, gluten-free