Rich & creamy, comforting, Sweet Potato & Gnocchi Soup. Free of Top 8 allergens and simply delicious!
- 2 – 3 TB coconut oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- sea or kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- 1 C. low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/3 C. coconut milk
- 1 (17.5-ounce) package potato gnocchi
- 6 C. baby spinach, stems removed
- Tofutti Sour Cream
- 2 TB. fresh basil, rough chopped (optional)
- Heat your stock pot to medium high. Start by sautéing the onions in coconut oil to bring out the flavor then add in the garlic for the last minute, just until you start to smell the aroma of it cooking.
- Add to the pot the vegetable broth, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper, then toss in diced sweet potato and simmer until those soften (10 min).
- Carefully add your gnocchi to the pot, and let that cook according to package directions (usually 2-5 minutes).
- During the last few minutes, add the coconut milk, just to make it a little creamy, then throw in the spinach leaves. Those will turn bright green almost instantly so no need to keep cooking. If you want it a little creamier, simply add a dollop or 2 of cream cheese (I actually added a scoop of Tofutti sour cream to mine).
- Ladle into bowls & sprinkle with a little garnish of fresh basil.
Change up your greens by using torn kale leaves instead. They won’t wilt as much so you’ll have a little extra texture. Tastes great as a broth base, however, it is especially delicious when sour cream is blended in during the final step.
- Category: Soups
- Cuisine: Free of Top 8 Allergens