No Bake, homemade, protein packed SunButter Cups make for a healthier, allergy-friendly, snack or dessert. Guilt free, gluten free & vegan too.
4 tablespoon SunButter (Organic spread for less ingredients & no added sugar)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 serving vanilla protein (allergy-friendly brand)
1 1/2 cups allergy-friendly chocolate chips
sea salt (optional)
Make your filling:
- Line mini muffin tin with liners.
- In a saucepan, melt & stir together SunButter & coconut oil on low.
- Remove from heat & add in protein powder. Stir until smooth.
Make chocolate layers:
- Reserve 1/3 cup chocolate chips (set aside).
- Melt remaining cups over a double boiler, stirring to help melting process. Remove from heat then stir in remaining chocolate chips. Stir until those are melted.
- Add approx a tablespoon of melted chocolate into bottom of cupcake liners.
- Add tablespoon sized-SunButter mix on top of chocolate base and gently spread before topping with additional melted chocolate.
- Option- sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt.
- Freeze 20 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks (if they last that long) and snack as desired.
YIELD: 24 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 78 TOTAL FAT: 5g SATURATED FAT: 3g TRANS FAT: 0g UNSATURATED FAT: 3g CHOLESTEROL: 0mg SODIUM: 36mg CARBOHYDRATES: 8g NET CARBOHYDRATES: 0g FIBER: 1g SUGAR: 6g SUGAR ALCOHOLS: 0g PROTEIN: 2g
- Category: Snacks, dessert
- Cuisine: top 8 free, gluten free, vegan