Not-too-sweet, cookie bars made with a rich and buttery shortbread crust, layered with chocolate fudge.
- 2 C. 1-to-1 gluten-free flour blend * (or all-purpose flour)
- 1 C. dairy free butter (Earth Balance, soy free butter sticks)
- 1/2 C. organic brown cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp. pink himalayan salt
- 3/4 C. canned coconut milk (stirred well before measuring)
- 10 oz (1 bag) dairy free chocolate chips (Enjoy Life mini-chips)
- 1/4 C. organic brown cane sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350°. Line 8″ square pan with parchment paper and allow for extra to overhang the edges.
- In a food processor, pulse the flour, butter, 1/2 C. brown sugar and salt until crumbly but blended. Reserve 1/2 cup and set aside. Press remaining dough into the prepared pan.
- In a medium saucepan, combine coconut milk, chocolate chips and 1/4 C. brown sugar. Stir over low heat until melted. Remove from heat and pour filling over shortbread crust.
- Crumble reserved dough over the top in large and small clumps.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool before refrigerating 8 hours.
- Once set, pull ends of parchment paper to release the bars and set on counter to cut into squares.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: easy fudge, chocolate, bar, bakery, vegan fudge, gluten free fudge, allergy-friendly